Website
www.ummonshadow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
http://gizmo2071.deviantart.com/

*edited to what Mysteryscribe said.

I'll post them in series format.

This is my girlfriend Swe.
Shot in our home, with natural light and lamp light.

Critique welcome :D

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

So there you have it.
Thanks in advance if any of you decide to even look.
Really is appreciated. :hail:

Thank you :D

Number one is a little underexposed on my monitor might be just me. I find the electical plugs a bit distracting. But it was right to crop it verticle not horizontal.. So you did some basic things right. It might be dark just on my screen so I wouldn't make any changes till you hear from someone else.

Two is lit better but could use a tighter crop I think. She had a nice expression but I think the color might be a little funky. Someone else will have to comment on that I dont do photoshop.

three the loose crop is fine here because it sets a mood for her and the room adds to the little girl lost feel to the shot.. I even like the funky color in this one. It has a cool feel that seems to fit the mood.

Four I think it would benefit from a closer crop there is way too much on the top but again it is a verticle image and a veritcle crop so you are basically doing the right things.

Five would have been perfect with a little off the top. The light might need to be adjusted in your photo editor. Color seems a little off to me.

Others can tell you more and remember I wasn't in your head when you shot them so I don't know what you had in mind. This is just how they seem to me. Over all though I like them. If you are new to photography it was an excellent start. If you have been around im sorry I don't mean to offend you.

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at each picture individually and comment on them all in such detail.
It's very much appreciated.
I'd never done a set in a portrait/fashion style before, So it was my first time :)

Your comments helped alot thank you. One of the only ways I'd be able to learn :D

Thanks again

Im sure you will get more and better comments now. In portraits it is about the person (usually but not always) when it is to be about the person anything that distracts should be removed.. the crop should be about the person.

When it is a mood portrait like at least two of your are, then is it about whatever makes the person feel the way you are trying to portray hince the empty kitchen is better than a big blank wall. Not sure that makes a lot of sense but it's pretty much the case. Again wait for the others to comment.

Should I not better move this from the General Gallery to the Portraits Gallery, Gizmo? I feel these are portraits, all right (and cleverly done portraits) ... and it is there that all the "portrait people" meet. I think I move it. OK?

Many appologise.
It wasn't initially just portrait pitures.
And when MS said to just cut it down and post a few pictures, all I could do was edit the post rather than delete it and remake another.
Sorry.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back