Hi All!

WayneS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
New to the forum yesterday. Was hooked on photography at a very young age..6 years old. Parents gave me a 110 camera with a roll of film, which I immediately went out and used. As I got older, found myself taking photos, mostly of landscapes and such, rather than people. Owned my first SLR film camera 17 years ago, and then it was stolen. Was heartbroken and didn't buy another, but did find myself still attracted to the outdoors. As I was also a hunter, I saw a lot of the outdoors until 2000 when I fell from my tree while deer hunting. This left me with a serious handicap and a huge hole in my life. Just recently looked back into hunting and realized it was being out in the woods that I really missed, not the hunting, so decided to take up photography again. Waiting on delivery of a Nikon D40X package that I ordered last week and can't wait to get back out there to shoot some wildlife...with the camera this time. I don't consider myself an expert in photography by any means as I didn't have the time to learn on my last SLR. I will say that times sure have changed and having the internet has made things a LOT easier to do research. Looking forward to sharing some photos with everyone and learning how to use the camera. Great forum! :mrgreen:

Welcome Wayne! Enjoy the Forum.

Thanks everyone! Luckily, received my camera package yesterday(in time for the weekend) and spent the day learning how to use it..have a LONG ways to go yet, but having a blast! Bought a Polarizing filter, but still wondering how to get those soft color affects that I'm seeing in other's photos..but the learning curve seems fast on this camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back