Hi from Illinois

PhotoSarah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everyone! I just joined yesterday, and browsed a bit, looking at some of the photographs.

Love seeing other's work. Helps inspire me and give me ideas when I'm feeling less than creative.

I'm pretty new to photography. I've always enjoyed taking photographs, but never had anything fancy, and always shot with a typical P&S. I got my Nikon D50 in December '05, and really started to become more and more interested in the art.

I took a digital photography class through a community college this past fall, and enjoyed it tremendously. I've gotten 2 photographs published in a local newspaper for a photo contest.

I'm in the process of setting up my own photography website, with hopes of someday being "professional" (and by that, I mean it very casually ..... I doubt I'd ever own my own studio or shoot 4 weddings a weekend or be able to quit my full time job because this is keeping me so busy).

I have alot of questions (like what equipment I could benefit from, and what would work with my camer -- for instance .... I must invest in a tripod - and I'd like a polarizer but I'm not sure if I need circular or linnear? (I think I am remembering the right terms)) and hope to show off some of my work.

Hi Sarah, welcome to TPF. Tripod=Manfrotto/Bogen and Polarizer=circular. :D

Thanks for the welcome! And for the advice on the tripod and polarizer. :)

Where in Illinois are you? We've got a few of us around from Chicago and the burbs, and a few others from other parts of the state. Hope you enjoy your visits.

Welcome to TPF!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back