Hi, I'm Gaz - you may remember me from such threads as....

Gaz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
"Yet another lenses thread" and............well erm thats about it!

Been reading the site for a while and picking up some useful bits of information (large hat tipping to the legend that is Big Mike...)

Am from London, 26 years of age and finally bit the bullet and bought an SLR in Times Square, Noo Yawk, Noo Yawwwk...

Have to admit the sheer size of the lense has put me off taking it out and about but in true new year style I have resolved to try and do more - starting with new lenses.

Anyway enough of the boring stuff, let's get onto my measurements....

I'm.............holy **** I'm a man!

Happy New Year to all, hope I won't bug you too much with incessant idiotic questions in the coming year (but don't hold your breath!)

:hail:

welcome to the forum :)

hm, about the size of lenses you will get used to larger and larger lenses .. at least that is what happened to me over the years :p

welcome to the forum :)

hm, about the size of lenses you will get used to larger and larger lenses .. at least that is what happened to me over the years :p

Yeah I am starting to think that actually, think I am realising if you want a small compact camera, don't get an SLR!!!

*slaps head* Doh...

Anything other then the 70-300mm would be a bonus though - I feel like a peeping tom when I take it out (the lense that is not ginger jim and the twins!)

*slaps head* Doh...

Anything other then the 70-300mm would be a bonus though - I feel like a peeping tom when I take it out (the lense that is not ginger jim and the twins!)

well, actually, sometimes people get alot friendlier when they see your large lens (but apparently that is not in the UK or Germany ;) )

I agree, when shooting in cities my longest lens is 100mm usually
. Pretty happy with that.

For longer lenses you often need a tripod anyway (even if they have VR or IS the light might be too low).

well, actually, sometimes people get alot friendlier when they see your large lens (but apparently that is not in the UK or Germany ;) )

I agree, when shooting in cities my longest lens is 100mm usually
. Pretty happy with that.

For longer lenses you often need a tripod anyway (even if they have VR or IS the light might be too low).

Yeah I found that in NY - I surprised myself with some of the nice shots I took but on a boat ride round the city there were some vaherrrrry shaky shots.

Either I was drunk or the Statue of Liberty was falling down!

Still managed to get a few nice shots here and there...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gavtmurf/sets/72157594344833231/

As you can see most are fairly average and boring but a couple I was quite happy with...

Welcome to TPF. Just a hint. You might want to ditch that cartoon in your signature, because we do have people of all ages and sensitivities here. You'll notice that the forum automatically censors language in the thread, but it can't censor a jpg.

some nice ones there.

I would be a bit more selective though as in what to upload. there are some just very similar images.

oh, and if you want to get critique on particular images, just post them on this forum (just a small selection in the gallery sections or a single image in the critique section) ... don't be afraid :)

Thanks for the advice guys, sig has been removed to be sure...

Alex, yeah I didn't have the time to be selective so they are just all on there! Lock, stock the lot...

I guess I just thought none of them were worth critiquing ha!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to TPF!

Most reactions

Back