Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
some fun taking pics with the long zoom :-D

n22223150_32304437_6358.jpg

n22223150_32303197_4667.jpg

n22223150_32304423_2074.jpg

n22223150_32304429_3900.jpg

n22223150_32304432_4817.jpg

Though I like the composition in #1, & #5, they are just too noisy and soft to really enjoy.

yeah there is alot of noise in all of those pics because i was using digital zoom in addition to the optical zoom. otherwise, i have no reason taking these pics :thumbdown:, but i like them. its interesting, almost a game, to me to try and figure out what kind of aircraft and airline it is.

Well that would make it more fun, have you had any luck in finding identifying markings?

yeah there is alot of noise in all of those pics because i was using digital zoom in addition to the optical zoom. otherwise, i have no reason taking these pics :thumbdown:, but i like them. its interesting, almost a game, to me to try and figure out what kind of aircraft and airline it is.

Digital zoom doesn't really exist; it is a neater way of saying that the camera is throuwing away some of the info and manufacturing others.

These pictues might be really interesting to a aviation-hobbyists site but won't attract much useful comment on a photogrpahy site because of the lack of detail.

Well that would make it more fun, have you had any luck in finding identifying markings?

not for the top one, but #2 is a Virgin Atlantic Boeing 747, #3 is a Virgin Atlantic Boeing 777, and #4&5 are a UPS Boeing 747 dumping fuel at about 7,000 ft

Those are pretty cool, I think you would be better off cropping the pictures later, rather than using the digital zoom.

I like the fourth one best because you filled the frame a lot more and the way the light makes the plane and the contrails glow like that looks really good.

yeah its a little tough with these shots, but i figure it doesnt matter if i use dig zoom or crop, either way the quality will be less.

So much fun! The plane in number 3 looks really cute. Two and three look like paintings, actually.

NOISE ! I think that it just proves that all images do not need to Perfect in order to be be good, and to have atmosphere (Look at most of the "Classic" images from the "Picture Post" and "Life" magazines of the 40s to 60s). I know that you just pointed and shot. I know that there was no real attempt at "Creating a major work of visual Art" But to be honest in my opinion the same could be said for the majority of turner prize winners !!!. I see the images and I think they are Good. They make me want to look at them. They make me go "Hey ! Wow !". They make me want to try something similar.
They're Great. Well done..
You don't have to change the world with every image you create. all you have to do is amuse someone ... even if that someone is only yourself...

NOISE ! I think that it just proves that all images do not need to Perfect in order to be be good, and to have atmosphere (Look at most of the "Classic" images from the "Picture Post" and "Life" magazines of the 40s to 60s). I know that you just pointed and shot. I know that there was no real attempt at "Creating a major work of visual Art" But to be honest in my opinion the same could be said for the majority of turner prize winners !!!. I see the images and I think they are Good. They make me want to look at them. They make me go "Hey ! Wow !". They make me want to try something similar.
You don't have to change the world with every image you create. all you have to do is amuse someone ... even if that someone is only yourself...

you know, thank you for this reply, GCB. I sure dont hav thebest camera out there, and im definitely not a professional, like most aorundhere, but i guess i see it as a right to be able to post on here, no matter how crappy the relative quality. Even if one person other than myself likes the photos, then my work is done, and I move on to another subject. oh well....no more to post today....

Taking those pictures looks like fun! And I agree wholly with this thought above :thumbup: While quality in my book always wins over quantity, these are interesting subjects. I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to photograph high-flying planes from the ground! :D

here are a few more. thanks to all those who are interested in these photos. i stand around outside ALOT to get the best shots, and trust me, the ones you see are only a TINY bit of the ones i take. to get 10 good shots i usually take around 150-200 shots.....i have my 4-shot burst mode on so i always make sure i get some good shots. another hard part is making sure the camera focuses on the subject. alot of times it wont before the plane is gone. i usually miss about 1/3 of the planes that fly over in an hour or so. but here are the ones i got on saturday

#1: 747 with no zoom, and the sun...notice the LONG contrail, at about 30,000 ft
n22223150_32308496_7538.jpg

#2: 757 at about 25,000 ft
n22223150_32308497_7842.jpg

#3: Business jet of some kind, maybe challenger, at about 45,000 ft
n22223150_32308498_8140.jpg

#4: C-130 at about 15,000 ft
n22223150_32308499_8427.jpg

#5: Another business jet, maybe a gulfstream, at about 50,000 ft
n22223150_32308501_9004.jpg

#6: Virgin Atlantic 747 at about 25,000 ft
n22223150_32308504_9966.jpg

Most reactions