Hii, I'm after an edit of 5 photo's- willing to pay

simpson7647

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I'm after having some of my images edited for my website, they will of course need to look the part and professional.

Here are the images so you can understand a little more:

Smoked: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Light Blue: ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Light Yellow : ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Dark Yellow : ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Clear : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/1002569g.jpg/

First of all I can see the smoked one is a slightly different angel so if there's a problem with that, we'll sort that out at the end.

What I need doing is the following:

I need the images to look exactly / very similar in all parts of the image (window screen, bonnet, lower bumper etc) apart from the headlight + foglight colour of course.

I'm not sure if you would like to cut out the bonnet on the best looking image and paste it on the rest.
Or you may even decide to cut out the headlight and fog light and paste them in the best image.
It's up to you how you do it but it needs to look as if it's meant to be there and exactly right.
Image needs to be on a 1000 x 1000 page.

I'm requesting this to be done as It's going to be a main page on my website so really does need to look the part.

I will also need the background cut out on the images and replaced with 'white'.

I will be willing to pay via paypal so if you post your quotes, I will be happy to consider them.

I would like someone trusted to the forum to do it and would like to see proof of the finished work and to make sure i'm satisifed before I pay.

Any questions, please ask away.

Will really appreciated swift responses and a swift finish,

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Ryan

Last edited:
I have all 5 cropped at 1000x1000, background is white and they all look exactly the same except for the lights. I put them all together so you can see the individual shots to see if you're satisfied. Ignore the black, that's there so it's not copied...

Trucks.jpg

Hi Edsport, good to hear from you.

What youve done regarding the top half of the car looks great, the angle of the images and that all looks write.

All I need edited is the cutting out as on zoom, it doesn't quite look how i'd like it.

Comparing the image to the origional,

The lower black part of the mirror has been partly cut away.
The Wheel needs to be a wider
And the cutting around the edges looks a little too rough.

I hope you can correct this and we can make a deal :)
What are you looking to charge please?

Many thanks,

I can correct it. I'll get back to you later...

Thank you, I hope to hear from you soon.

If you want this to look good and professional...

You should be paying someone who knows how to use a camera to take the 1/4 shot of the car, and then digitally manipulate it to suit your liking.

The images you posted are really bad in terms of quality and already have editing done to them.

Otherwise, this is not going to look that great on any website.

Tyler, I'm betting it'll be a banner image for a car forum. If it is not shown large size and not to a super-photo-savvy audience, they'll never know.

If it is going to be a full size image, it is really up to him, and he seems to be happy with what Ed can give him. (although I agree with you here; start with better raw material) It should be noted though, that photoshop skills are probably even more valuable than photography skills these days. Photograph vs. image, and all that.

Meanwhile, maybe he'll stick around and learn how to improve his photography...

simpson - Tyler pointed out that the images had been edited already. Ed may be able to give you better results if you gave him the originals to work with.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm going to see how the images look once the stated editing is done and work from there :)

it's not going to be a banner image although wont be as big as some.

I was looking to use these edited images for now and then eventually get some decent images using a decent camera :)

I'm sure editing can help to make these images look the part as well though.

simpson - Tyler pointed out that the images had been edited already. Ed may be able to give you better results if you gave him the originals to work with.

Thanks for the reply. The only editing that has been done by me is I have simply deleted some of the background. That's it so would that really make a difference if I was to give him the origional as He's only going to cut out the background anyway?

Tyler, I'm betting it'll be a banner image for a car forum. If it is not shown large size and not to a super-photo-savvy audience, they'll never know.

If the photos are needed at 1000px on the longest edge, it sounds like he's doing something other than making a banner. Banners are only a fraction of that. The OP has said in his post that he wants it to look "professional," and that "it's going to be a main page on my website so really does need to look the part." If it's worth stressing these things to the potential photo editors, it's worth mentioning that the results will look far less than professional with the source files provided.
'
The underlying quality of the photos are still going to be bad. I'm not the kind of person that cuts corners because "the end user probably won't notice." In web design, and programming, everything is very critical and exacting. Why shouldn't the photography that goes along with it be well done to also look the part?

It doesn't take a lot to setup a shot like this. The OP could post a classified ad on the UK version of Craigslist asking for an entry level photographer with a kit lens and a tripod.

1. Put the car in the shade of a large building or under a tree to minimize glare
  2. Set the camera up in portrait orientation on a tripod.
  3. Assuming that the kid will only have a kit lens, or maybe a 50mm f/1.8... Tell the kid to zoom into 55mm, or use a 50mm prime if he has one.
  4. Tell him to shoot the photo on f/8 ISO 100 @ 50 or 55mm
  5. Buy him or her lunch
  6. Get ONE COPY of the photo, the best copy he/she took, and post that for editing. There doesn't need to be 5 different photos if they're all supposed to be the front of a car from the exact same angle.
This setup would render much better results and be much easier to edit.

Thank you for all the info.

I see you state you should put it in the shadow of a tree of building.
Thing with this is I guess you would have to use the flash? This would result in the headlights giving out a slightly but noticeable wrong colour of the lens.
What would you say about this?

Many thanks,

Thank you for all the info.

I see you state you should put it in the shadow of a tree of building.
Thing with this is I guess you would have to use the flash? This would result in the headlights giving out a slightly but noticeable wrong colour of the lens.
What would you say about this?

Many thanks,

No you won't have to use flash. That will create more glare. What the photographer will need to do is use a longer shutter speed to make up for the difference in incidental light. As long as the tripod and car are both stationary, it should look fine.

If I wanted to spend my time on this, I would edit ONE photo to create all five images. Changing the color of one area is much easier than editing 5 different images in the vain hope they will look identical.

Thanks for the reply Typer.

480sparky- Do you mean edit one photo and then add the different coloured lights to that photo?

Thanks,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back