HK Camera Life

Garfink

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hiya everyone, in the past I have learnt tons from the forum and I would like to contribute something back. So I started a blog about photography with a unique perspective. Its called: HK Camera Life any feedback you can give me would be much appreciated. Here is a recent post for example.

917524943_SndxZ-XL.jpg

Date: 14/5/2009 16:23 Camera: Canon 1DMk3 + Canon EF 400/5.6 L Exposure: 1/3200sec at f/8 handheld Focal length: 400mm

This “macro” was taken during a birding trip in Mai Po, Hong Kong. I had found a good high vantage point from a tree to take photos of a few water fowl swimming past under me and as luck would have it, a helicopter flew overhead and not surprisingly frightened the birds to flight, as always I was the prepared scout as a bunch of feathers were let loose from the fleeing birds. I snapped away as the feather that was floating down into the marsh and this was one of the magical moments that was the result. You could imagine my surprise when I uploaded the photos into the computer. The reflection was pitch black and the reflected fronds went in to a crazy Bokeh with the feather remaining crispy sharp. Rendered by this wonderful prime lens like Photoshop magic, but without the computer. I have this printed up and framed in perspex at home and it is stunning.

Most reactions

Back