HOLGA

crystalview said:
http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/dynoGallDetail.asp?photoID=536086&catID=560&style=&contestCatID

This was my first l"ighting technique" try. Obviously needs lots of work, but what could I have done better?"

Shot with one of those 250 watt home depot work lights. (its all I could afford!?!?) Thanks and take care. -Jared

you photo looks fine to me. i like the treatment of existing light! :salute:

Yeah I dont really mind it either, in future if you havent already, those big nasty home depot lights could stand with some diffusing sometimes, other than that though, just practice, and get a good lighting book from the library to help you out ;)

Good luck.

Thanks Karalee. I know what you mean on the HD lights. Its all i could really afford at this point, so i figured, cant hurt.

Do you have any suggestions on how to diffuse? I tried a sheet (bed) but that didnt work real good. I also dont want to get anything TOO close to the lights as they are hotter than the sun!

Thanks and let me know if you have an ideas.

I do a lot of table top photography using a light tent I make using some sprinkler piping and some 3 way elbows from the plumbing department. The good thing about it is I can make it big enough to fit my bike in it, and then I can make it small to shoot flowers and such. And the best thing is I can put the whole thing away when Im done. I used to have a light tent that I built like this boxy one but I had trouble storing it and fitting larger things in it, but you might wanna knock one up yourself, then you dont have to worry about diffusing the lights cos theyre on the outside.

Karalee, thanks for the follow-up. I just might have to give that light-box a try. The beauty of it all is, there isn't much money invested. I just got done spending on my D70, so now I have to save for some lens action. So, I figured hey, I'm going to try and get creative lighting techniques for REALLY cheap. Its pretty fun. Besides, professional lighting, which I of course am not professional :lol: is almost absurd in price.

Take care, and thanks again. I'll post more when I have more practice at this new aspect of photography for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back