Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

P1030316sm.jpg

P1030318sm.jpg

P1030314sm.jpg

Quite nice, but as you probably would guess I'm not fond of flowers backsides unless the focus is of a bee or buterfly on it. Still good shots.

I like how u captured the texture of the first one. the last one kinda looks like a kaleidoscope

Quite nice, but as you probably would guess I'm not fond of flowers backsides unless the focus is of a bee or buterfly on it. Still good shots.

I actually like pictures of flowers from the back - I posted a Passionflower as seen from the back once. I find it interesting.

The 3rd one is cool - almost 3D.

Pictures like these don't really interest me but #2 is Nice. :thumbup:

The background in #1 looks very pixelated. Could be noise? looks a little different then noise though.

is #2 HDR? I see some kind of halo around the leaf on the left.

Absolutely lovely light in the first shot, Ron--marvelous light! I wish there was a bit more space at the top and bottom of the bloom though. THe shape and textures revelaed due to the light is outstanding. I wish the color balance were warmer though--that overall greenish look is a bit depressing.

Shot 2 is a very strong, offbeat, novel point of view. It is subtle, not in-your-face, but shot #2 has a very satisfying feeling about it. The more I look at it, the better it becomes. Again, the white balance/color cast is not 100 percent to my liking, but I think this photo is very nice. This second photo usesthe compositional style called "as in a painting", where the subject touches at least three sides of the frame, in effect filling up the entire "canvas" with subject. This is a very,very good example of that type of composition. If you cloned out the two tiny holes in the leaves, I think you'd have a little bit more harmony within the frame. You know, the more I look at these paired up, the stronger I think they both look, but #2 is a real kick-a$$ shot in my book.

Shot 3 I simply go meh to. Still, you batted .667 or whatever...enough for a heck of a MLB contract!

I love #2 as well. The contrasts between colors and the shapes are appealing. Definitely would print this out and frame it with a dark border..

#1 I agree could use more space up top and a little on bottom - great focus and sharpness though, I assume you were using a manual focusing lens. In #3 it's cool how there's a subtle star shape which fills the frame but the noise and blur hurt it a bit.

Thanks for your comments guys.

No HDR just some minor contrast, sharpening & cropping in post on all three.

These were shot with a Minolta Celtic 50/3.5 macro + 2x tele-converter. I find all my Minolta lenses produce cool as opposed to warm images.

The tight cropping in #1 is to eliminate distractions nature put in the way. ;)

Derrel, I warmed up #2 & post the original as-shot followed by the warmer version.

As-shot 5750K

P1030318sm.jpg

Warmed up to 6500K

warm-1030318sm.jpg

Personally I prefer the as-shot image.

Most reactions

Back