Home printer - recomendations?

BrightonGem

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I'd like to print my photos at home - does anyone have printers they can recommend, or advice on spec I should look out for?

I'm thinking an Epson, around £100 plus inks.
I need to print up to A4, & want the printer to print 'as is' as i edit & sort out colour management in Photoshop...

It's to put a portfolio together so it needs to be good quality.

many thanks in advance,
Gemma

The most common advice is to forget about printing at home and just use a lab. The costs are pretty even and your quality would likely be better & more consistent with a good lab.

Labs probably are the best way to go, but I sure like having the convenience of printing photos out at home.

I use the Kodak EasyShare 5500. It does a good job of everyday printing and I think it does a great job on images when printed on the glossy photo paper.

I don't remember what I paid for it, the inks seem reasonably priced. The only trouble I have with it is the print head needed replacing (which they sent me a free one) and in dusty conditions, like mine, it needs frequent head cleanings.

I just bought an Epson Stylus Photo 1400 printer. It uses 6 colors of dye based ink and prints up to 13x19 inches, borderless. I'm hooking it up today. I bought direct from Epson as they had a sale and took $100 off of the $299 price tag. There was also no sales tax and free shipping.

Have Fun,
Jeff

if you have 1300 $ to dump on a printer.

i would get the
EPSON STYLUS PRO 3880

Most reactions

New Topics

Back