Homeless

Discussion in 'Photojournalism & Sports Gallery' started by DRodgers, Apr 20, 2007.

1. DRodgers

DRodgers TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Its a hard subject to shoot ..
    [​IMG]

2. cal_gundert05

cal_gundert05 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree that homelessness is very difficult to shoot. Despite many opportunities to do so here in Berkeley, I have never had the guts to do so.

I love your use of blank wall space, but I think the pic is cropped too closely.

3. cherrymoose

cherrymoose TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree about the crop. Some more room by his feet might have been better, but your use of the grain effect is nice.

About photographing homeless in Berkeley-- you should give it a go. I was a little uneasy at first, but I found many of the homeless around here are oddly eager to get there photos taken. They welcome the opportunity (well, most of them)-- one guy once said to me; "I hope you show this to all your friends. The public deserves a chance to realize how some of us live our lives."

4. OmlessWanderer

OmlessWanderer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I read somewhere(maybe it was here) that a good way to get shots of street people is to simply sit near them with your camera and say hello as the opportunity arises. The person who suggested it said that more often then not they would end up asking to have their picture taken. Food for thought I guess.

5. koda-46

koda-46 TPF Noob!

poor guy :(