Hotel

Michaelaw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is no longer a hotel but student housing. I just love the old style of the building. I used to catch greyhound bus in the station at the bottom of this place. I really wish I had taken pic's of it then as it was a going concern in its day and it would be nice to contrast then and now as today it's like a ghost town / hotel

hotel.jpg

I stand corrected Tyson...It is still a hotel but is slated to become student housing. I must have misunderstood the info I was given. That would explain the BIG sign! :)

P.S. When I called to ask the status of the place, a machine gave me a code to punch in for the "apartment manager" I dialed the code and got "front desk" So something, somewhere, isn't all that it seems...LOL

I hope they leave the sign on the top after it's converted. That'd be pretty awesome.

interesting style building.. I like the shot.

Thanks Thor...You made me realize by looking at the building again that threr is a channel running up the side with what look like doors at the top. It looks like an elevator track. Weird, I never noticed that before.

Here's a closer view of the doors and track. I actually ended up liking the crop on this

hotel2.jpg

I like the red of those huge letters against the blue sky.
But I personally don't find this building "old style" ... to me it is already "modern architecture" ... built in the sixties or so, I should guess. That is "modern" to me ... I mean, even I was around in the sixties (cough-cough ;)), little though I might have been. I was there. Am I "old style" (don't answer! :shock: ... you might say "yes" :shock: --- mostly so in referring to my personal "architecture" :shock: )

:biggrin:

Most reactions

Back