How 2 tell if someone comments after you?

gl600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
Question:
If I start a thread or post an answer in someone else's thread how can I tell that someone commented after me without opening up every post I have ever put up?
I know that by going to the "statistics" in my profile I can see what threads I have posted to... but can I tell if someone has made a comment after mine? (There are little icons next to every post I have made, but I could not find a legend telling me what the different icons mean... maybe that's the answer.)
Thanks in advance!

if its new, or has new content the TITLE will be BOLD, and there is a last person to post column, if you see YOUR NAME, then no one has posted after you.

When you post a message, look down your screen, you will find you can choose to get email notifications of responses to your post. (not just here, works for almost all forums).;)

Also, when you post in any thread, then go back looking through them. When you look at the list of threads, there will be a little envelope on the l/h side of the list. If the envelope has a small black dot in it, YOU have posted in that thread. The name of the person to post last, will show on the r/h side.

Sometimes it is better to pick the last post in a thread and scroll/read backwards, than to begin at post #1 and read down every time, especially when the thread gets into multiple pages.

It gets easier the more you get used to TPF.

Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Back