How do I achieve this look?

wishbone_17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I know that this technique is used a lot right now and will soon be overused if not already, but this how I learn. That said, there is a photographer in my town who does this and another technique and I wanted to get some feedback on how to get both of these looks. I am not sure the second is Photoshop, but I figured to add it and get your thoughts.

That said here is a link to the first technique:

http://www.jeremycowart.com/client/256-personal/2

It is the second image down. The kid smiling with the fists in the air.

The second technique I have read some vague responses saying that this may be done in camera, or by shooting through another camera, or something. Like I said the post I have read about it are pretty vague. Here is the link for that technique:

http://www.jeremycowart.com/client/255-music

The images are two side-by-side, about 3/4 of the way down. They are of a man with a long beard who kinda looks like Jesus.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Like I said, I may not use the techniques but this is how I learn different programs and how to think out of the box when it comes to my own photography.

they are both photoshop work. There are a few photogs using this style.
I think there are a few threads on the board that go into more detail.
Sorry I give the exact name of the style. I'm going to search for it.
If I find it i'll post a link

Can anyone else help me out with this? All I need is a name or a website. I just don't know where to start.

Check out Joey Lawrence, Dave Hill, Jill Greenburg...they are the more famous photogs using this style. Just do a search for Dave Hill look/tutorial or something. Joey sells a DVD, although a bit pricey if you ask me, on his style.

hey man those are some great questions & styles to inquire about... the photogs mentioned do some super kool work as well : ) Lemme know how this works out & if you are able to incorporate some of the styles - i'd love to learn too! Lets keep our eyes open & keep each other posted!

It's high-pass "sharpening."

Most reactions

Back