Human Race and Earth Endangered by New Strain

There are facts and then there are FACTS. While many so-called "Scientists" tend to treat them as the same, and would have one believe that only their facts are the true FACTS, they are not the same.

Heck, Here I thought this was some amazing newly discovered thing only to find out it's just another article talking about REPUBLICANS!!! :biglaugh:

There are facts and then there are FACTS. While many so-called "Scientists" tend to treat them as the same, and would have one believe that only their facts are the true FACTS, they are not the same.

there is no truth, only assumptions.

Both easy to say to sound wise but just vague generalities and not specifically true.

IBL (in case nobody sees the article is satire)

There are none knowns, none unknowns and unknown unknowns.

there is no truth, only assumptions.

Both easy to say to sound wise but just vague generalities and not specifically true.

When our observations are all indirect (and yes, I mean *all* observations), I can't see how you can say that anything is absolute.

Show me a die-hard global warming fanatic and I'll show you someone who is absolutely convinced of the validity of their "Facts". Show me a die-hard anti-global warming fanatic and I'll show you someone who is also absolutely convinced of the validity of their "Facts". Both are equally convinced they are right, and that their facts are "Facts". Logic, however, obviously dictates that one or the other is wrong.

Neither a vague generality nor specifically untrue.

Unlike some around here I don't say things simply to try and sound wise. To the contrary I have very little to say around here at all anymore since there are so many who are more than willing to flaunt their own sense of superiority.

Fact......Some day you will DIE. There are no other Facts.

Most reactions

Back