Humanity

Rick Waldroup

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.rickwphotography.com
I was covering an anti-war protest in Austin, Texas last year when I came across this fellow. I would be interested in some feedback.

I intentionally framed his cross in line with the office building in the distance. Does this work or not. Also, what do you guys think about the tilt angle? Thanks, Rick.

81426451.jpg

It's interesting that he has both the cross and the star of David. (that's a "Hummmm?" personal observation)

I do love your captures and you inspire me to go and find a local protester! But I personally think the building is a little distracting. But, it is far enough in the background not to bother the subject. To be totally honest, I probably wouldn't have thought about the building at all if you wouldn't have mentioned it.

Nice stuff as usual!

The building really doesn't bother me too much in this capture. I am focused too much on the person, with the cross and the star. I also like the tilted angle, for one I actually think it works with this photo.

All in all I think this is a very nice capture!!

Thanks for the feedback, everybody.

Yep, Dave, I was probably over-thinking this when it came to the cross and the building. :)

I have another shot of this fellow from the end of the anti-war rally in which he had covered himself with fake blood. Really too gruesome to post here. ;)

Around my house, this fellow has become known as Mr. Humanity. :hail:

Abraxas had posted a comment here earlier in which I think he said that he looks like Ted Danson with long hair. Now that is funny. I don't know why he came back and deleted the post.

Thanks once again to everyone for the feedback.

I'm so sorry, but I simply cannot get over his clothes and funny knees, the bruises on his legs and his big shoes to go with his flimsy outfit. Sorry, I can't look at anything else. Not at the cross, not at the star of David, and least of all at the house in the background, tilts, angles, or his sign. It all moves into a far background and my eyes get stuck on those knees...

all i can think about is "bumping" into him by accident then he starts yelling "i've fallen and i can't get up" like the old senior citizen commercials...

Corinna and Travis, you should be ashamed of making fun of this old fellow. :)

Yes, my wife had the same reaction about his knees.

I'll give him his props- this rally was a march to City Hall and he carried that cross and star for well over a mile. :wink:

I'm so sorry, but I simply cannot get over his clothes and ... his flimsy outfit. ....

I was thinking "needs more pants"... so... sort of like the line from the movie SuperBad (if anyone saw that)...

anyway... it is an interesting picture... just needs more pants... :lol:

Abraxas had posted a comment here earlier in which I think he said that he looks like Ted Danson with long hair. ...

Sorry about that Rick. You deserve better. Between the time I had typed in the reply and the next day when I read it I got pretty sick and didn't think my remark was so funny, more stupid actually. My sense of humor fluctuates like that. I'm feeling better now and would like to add, "In bicycle pants", to the hippie Ted Danson comment.

Best,
Walter

Sorry about that Rick. You deserve better. Between the time I had typed in the reply and the next day when I read it I got pretty sick and didn't think my remark was so funny, more stupid actually. My sense of humor fluctuates like that. I'm feeling better now and would like to add, "In bicycle pants", to the hippie Ted Danson comment.

Best,
Walter

Oh, it is no big deal, trust me. I thought I had probably pissed you off with the content of the photo. Some of the stuff I shoot does that sometimes to folks. :er:

No, I actually thought the remark was hilarious. :)

Glad you are feeling better. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back