Hurricane Katrina Refugees

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This really broke my heart. And there are so many of them.

IMG_0043web.jpg

IMG_0023web.jpg

IMG_0046web.jpg

IMG_0069web.jpg

This is much more touching than any of the film footage we get to see on our news programmes can ever been, for YOU have taken these!

So sad gut wrenching isn't it
your photos are excellent and you have captured them so well
Pam

Excellent pictures of a real tragedy which is beyond the comprehension of us who just witness this in the news. Thanks for sharing and making us even more aware of what happened!

It's just so sad that all of this has happened. I feel really bad for those who were caught in the floods and couldn't get themselves out of there. :-(

Great pictures of such a sad and touching event.

Thank you all so much. It was very hard for me to take these photos as I knew how badly these people were suffering. I wanted to show that it's not just looters and thugs, but real suffering people, grandmothers, and tiny children.

It was heartbreaking to see. These were taken at Reunion Arena in Dallas where the American Red Cross has set up a shelter. These were also taken as they just started to come in. There are thousands of them there now.

They arrived in cars, crammed with so many people there was not room to move. They clutched whatever muddy items they could not leave behind. A lot of them carried Bibles. They wore muddy robes and house shoes having fled in the night. They found new clothes, changed and then just sat looking off into space. You could feel their weariness. You knew what they faced. No home, no job. They kept asking about loved ones........if they had been found........if they had made it out of the SuperDome.

I cried. I couldn't help myself. There are so many of them.

Great images of a very tragic situation. Thank you for sharing.

you have really captured the sadness and the utter dispair of these people, my heart goes out to them, we don't know how lucky we are, thanks for sharing these images elsaspet.

Looks like a horrible mess down there. Gonna take a long time to recover. A split second and your world is turned upside down...hoping for the best for all involved.
Thanks for sharing your photos.

Most reactions

Back