I do sunsets

AND you do them well!
This is a full 400mm exposure at f29!?? Wow! (Is NeatImage the secret? No noise, despite the ISO 800).
Very nice colours with the big line of clouds repeating the grey of the sea. I really like this.

Thankyou! I wasnt using a tripod, so I had to bump the ISO up, regarding the bright sunlight, but I still wanted to keep those vibrant colours so my only choice was to shoot with a slower then usual shutter and a very large apperature. I did have the ISO set to 100 and 200 before hand, but i still wasn't getting the effect I was looking for, shutter was too slow, unless I used a very small apperature, and that wasnt the effect I was looking for. I wanted to make sure I had everything in focus, thats why I used the high apperature and a fast ISO

At f29 you DID use a very small aperture, since the NUMBER is high.
The higher the NUMBER the smaller actually the hole (i.e. aperture) in your lens. That accounts for the long shutter release times at low ISO: small hole, little light can go in, so what little light there is let in needs a longer time to be enough. ;)

Nicely captured. Love the colours.

love the gold tones and the brilliant lining to those clouds... :thumbup:

I like the patern look from the sky/clouds :) cool shot!

just stunning

Most reactions

New Topics

Back