I Heart Music

Awesome series, looks like it came straight out of a catalog! :thumbup: as always.

Eric.

I think that 2nd one would be my favorite, I love the lighting in it. But, I have to agree with Switch about the reflection of the softboxes being a bit too much. The umbrella one looks really cool!

Thanks Pete.

April, thanks for your comment. I'm curious why you think the umbrella reflection is ok, but not the softbox?

Thank you oldnavy :)

Nice work! I'm not sure why but I also like the umbrella catch but I don't like the softbox catch. Maybe it's the off center squarishness?

Yes I know that's not a word. :lol:

Anyway really fine work - you did a great job managing the light on the model.

Thanks Dewey. I don't know about the catch lights. I like both. I do have a shot that is a similar pose to that one, only she's looking to the right, so she has the umbrella catch. The only problem is that the focal point is off and it's not sharp :(

April, thanks for your comment. I'm curious why you think the umbrella reflection is ok, but not the softbox?

:)

On second examination, I think the reason the square reflections don't work is that my eyes aren't able to move around the photograph as much as they do with the umbrella catchlights. They just generally seem more out of place and distracting than the umbrella catchlights.

wow, great shots, I really like the first three, not so much the last, but its still good

Most reactions

New Topics

Back