I hunted it down

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There were a couple frogs calling out with a sound of a giant elastic band being plucked. I kept narrowing down where the sound of one was coming from, going back & forth past the origin until I finally found him under overhanging grasses @ the edge of the pond. He sat still not making any move until he "spoke". Then his throat would swell up, mouth open, close & then the throat would deflate again. This action would cause ripples to be formed in the otherwise still water.

I got this shot between his mouth closing & throat deflating while crouched down leaning precariously over the edge of the pond.

Sears 135/2.8
ISO 400, f4, 1/125s

P1020868sm.jpg

This is a great shot. Love the colors :thumbup:

You know i love frogs :) Great shot and i like the ripples in the water. Sometimes the wait is half the fun!

Ron

I like this photo alot, it is not easy to get a frog in tight like this.

The story would have been much more exciting if....you had fallen in the water. ;):mrgreen:

I have been trying to find these darn things! They are tricky little buggers. They sing away until I get within any range of sight, then SILENCE! Nice capture.

Awesome shot. Too bad his right eye is slightly cut off with that darn blade of grass. Kudos to you for be able to achieve it. I hunt (literally) and I'm not sure I would be able to achieve this capture. If I could get close enough to shoot it, I certainly would not achieve a shot of this quality. I'm not a photography...But it's fun trying to be!! LoL.

Thanks guys.

I tried for the shot three times as he croaked but due do to my awkward/uncomfortable position I blurred two of them with camera movement. This is a manual focus lens. I did take a still shot as well but it is not so dramatic as there is no water movement.

Nature photography really does seem a lot like hunting, except nobody gets hurt.

Well.. unless you're the other guy's subject who likes to kill things and stick them in the freezer before shooting:lol:

LOL @ Aayria poor Stormchase!

Ron this is a cool shot. I try to hunt down animals all the time and can never seem to get too lucky. I think my luckiest was walking up on a 5 foot gator and getting close enough to just about touch its tail. I would post the picture but don't want to thread jack.

Good hunting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back