I just bought a $5,000 camera and...

I can't wait! If you don't know what it is, it is the 1d mk4. I can't believe it, in less than 24hours I will be in heaven and my checkbook in hell lol.

Review to be posted next week or so !

I got the $5K Nikon D3s a couple weeks ago. It's an amazing feeling the first time you hold it in your hands.

I have not gotten to the D3 yet. Although I have used one.... When I moved from d40-d8-d300 It always feels good. But the D300 was the first to really feel like a solid piece and something that was awesome, especially with the pro grip....

I can't wait! If you don't know what it is, it is the 1d mk4. I can't believe it, in less than 24hours I will be in heaven and my checkbook in hell lol.

Review to be posted next week or so !

I got the $5K Nikon D3s a couple weeks ago. It's an amazing feeling the first time you hold it in your hands.

I live on campus so I want bugging the mail room by standing around waiting for the UPS guy. lol

I live on campus so I want bugging the mail room by standing around waiting for the UPS guy. lol

I hope you did not use your school loan money for the camera...:mrgreen:

i could sell my car....and get a d3s with the trinity....:D

And how about that feeling the first time you drop it?

I had my 30D for about 5 years and never dropped it. I just recently gave it to my wife's brother and it’s still going strong.

I was showing my friend my 7D and lenses last night, and he doesn't know much about photography.

He told me to be careful when I was changing lenses lol, I guess he was scared I would drop something. I explained to him that you always need to maintain a good grip on your gear so you wont ever drop it.

I have never dropped a body or lens, honest to God. Only bumped things slightly a few times.

The 1st and only time I dropped a camera or lens was my 1st slr bought at the Navy exchange in Rota in 1977.
I was on the foc'sle of the frigate at sea with my brand new Pentax with an f1.2 50mm when some guys horsing around bumped me. I was sitting so it fell 2 ft and landed on the lens and bent the metal filter threads. I couldn't use a filter after that but it seemed to be OK.

Have fun with your new toy OP.

My cameras are connected to my shoulder straps with heavy carabiners. I've never dropped a camera. Even when they slip off my shoulder they are still attached to my shoulder. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back