I ordered the Pentax K-1...

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It should be coming in Monday. I got it through a store on Ebay since most regular retail stores are sold out until July (lol).

I just got lucky and there was an Ebay store that had around 10 of them for sale at regular price, which was nice since generally there has been severe price gouging due to scarcity).

I also bought an SMC Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7 to use until I save enough to buy the 24-70.

I'm excited. It might not have the vast ecosystem of components and support that Canikon has, but give its price point and feature list, this will hopefully be a vast improvement over my Canon 6D.

I will hopefully be able to give a "real world" review (see: not scientific or highly technical) of the performance and my thoughts...If anyone is interested...

Medium format is a good thing. Looking forward to any reviews. :)

It's still just full frame, however, it does have a "pixel shift" feature that can allow you to get close to the amount of detail you can get in a MF image. It's a bit finicky though since it requires no motion, much like HDR.

It's still just full frame, however, it does have a "pixel shift" feature that can allow you to get close to the amount of detail you can get in a MF image. It's a bit finicky though since it requires no motion, much like HDR.

Well, thats depressing - I guess I was thinking 645Z as thats what I want. Lets just hope this camera completely fails and you are forced to go larger. :)

Well, thats depressing - I guess I was thinking 645Z as thats what I want. Lets just hope this camera completely fails and you are forced to go larger. :)

Haha well considering that the 645z is 4 times as expensive, I'd probably have to go up to 4x5 or 8x10 to make it worth it. ;)

I'm sure you will make this work. :)

You want to try and get your hands on the old 85mm F1.4 it beats the Canon 85mm F1.2 but it's expensive

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Um the K-1 and the 645D/645z are very different beasts ... theres also rumors that Pentax will make a 645 with that new 56x42mm (approx) 100 Megapixel Sony sensor. Which would be the end of that pesky crop factor on the 645 system.

Personally I would much rather hope Fuji gets that medium format camera out that rumorsites keep promising us. :D Also of course I hope its a mirrorless system and at least in the long run actually affordable for me. So maybe around 6k€ for the camera, and 3k€ each for a nice trinity of prime lenses ? Which would both be cheaper than Pentax offer. Also, being a mirrorless, it would be much less bulky.

Pentax shot themselves in the foot by having short stock.

Most reactions

Back