I See a Difference

Sicboi

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This took little time but was thought out. I find that the best photos dip into the human genome a bit.
IMGP0269.JPG

Sorry, I can't make any connection between what you say and the picture.
The picture is uninteresting to me and I have no idea what you want me to see.

Speaking of seeing a difference, I would like to see some stronger differences in the tonal values across this image's entire area...it's very low in contrast throughout the majority of the area.

great street shot!
I think though, it could have benefited slightly from having the left corner of the building included. I love that you got the top right side with the windows.

sicboi; you have attempted to convey your persona via photographs, and frankly I think most of us are flummoxed. Either you are not able to get your point across or we are just too dense to get it.

Maybe for the benefit of us simpletons you could tell us more about yourself, as in; who you are, where you come from, and where you're going.

Maybe then we would learn to appreciate your photographs more.

The OP is communicating three things very succinctly here that may be viewed as a reflection upon himself. A desire to numb the pain, ie pharmacy; a desire to quickly document his world and his pain, ie 1 hour photo; his desire to escape, ie the car; the sense of isolation he feels, ie no people; and the wall between him and the rest of humanity, ie the side of the building.

The near uniform greyness of the exposure represents his inability to truly feel and differentiate between all these feelings, as they blend into one homogenized tonality of soul. An unfeeling grey. He sees a difference between these feelings, but he does not feel a difference between these feelings. This took little time, but in fact, perhaps, it took his whole life. It was thought out, because he must think his feelings instead of feeling them. He hopes to dip into humanity, the human genome and regain a feeling for who he is. Walgreens looks on, off the screen away from him. He chases after visually.

Cicboy's entry so far looks like an attempt to rob a bank with a toy gun.

Murbly boop yama summa shmaytro. Imma gloma tomarty uopru dri.
Permably gooma somatru issuratyu ya.

Mi frammma drooom.

Pi

Gotcha.

Clarified that point for me. Because an artist's vision is not always obvious.

Watch it; I wear glasses. What's to tell?

Last edited:
perhaps he is comparing photography to a drug

whatever . i can critique it like it is. i shoot my share of chit like this so i will go with it. The tonal range could use the more contrast. But that is minor i dont think you are out to show the details here in the wall. So it really doesnt matter. Exposure is on. It looks level '(from your shooting perspective). And hey, it is a store, simple subject. Everyone can relate to. vehicles in front. And the pharmacy and photo signs add at least a little extra interest (good since the building is zero for a architectural piece). The one hour photo sign will be gone soon, as they are doing away with that. So keep this photo if you care about that sort of thing. My main qualm is, you shot this to tight. It needed to be a wide. View of some of the parking lot, or at least not cutting off the front row of cars and part of the building. I think if this was your intended purpose you should have backed up about fifty feet. It is generic, dull. Grey. which i am fine with . Just not such a tight shot

Most reactions

New Topics

Back