Ice Cream Shop Mayhem

rickabobaloey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So it was a slow, slow day at the ice cream shop. Rain, rain, go away. Good thing I brought my camera along with me!

Thoughts, opinions, critique, all are wanted and encouraged!

1)
4820288314_3ebdae9c00.jpg

2)
4820289458_69c694c921.jpg

3)
4819665957_c61a5bc466.jpg

4)
4820286086_725a850069.jpg

Last edited:
1) not doin anything for me...
2) wat is it?
3) very cool!
4) reminds me of 2 girls 1 cup :lmao:

I like the creativity with taking photo's at an ice cream stand. I'm just confused on what number 2 is.

#1 I aint digging it.
#2 looks like a cone dispenser?
#3 is cool
#4 I agree with them two ^^

Thanks for the replies!

Number 2 is indeed an empty cone dispenser. Had to use flash as it was pretty dark inside of it, which I believe led to the huge amount of white area around the edge. I think it definitely looked better B&W, more creative I guess, but it's not as easy to tell what it is. So it was a trade off.

Number 1 doesn't do anything for me either, to be honest. I'm thinking it'd turn out better if I didn't cut off part of the first and last cones.

2 girls 1 cup.... good lord, I had hoped to never hear mention of again, lol. I couldn't make it through 1 sitting of it. That's our homemade black cherry ice cream. Which is what Number 3 is as well, just before I mixed it all together and ran it through our batch freezor.

There's definitely a lot more possibilities for some interesting shots at the shop, that's for sure! I'd love to capture someone dipping a twist in chocolate. My dad wants me to take photos of certain products, such as our banana splits, brownie delights, etc. So I need to do some research on food/ice cream photography and maybe go to flickr and search for ice cream.

#2 not sure what i'm looking at.
#4 looks like a Black Cherry poop machine.

(edit: didn't read your reply, lol)

" Two girls one cup" flew right over my head.

Bryce, do yourself a favor and never, ever search for it!!! Not sure if it can still be found (I'm sure it can if you're persistant on finding it). Just watch some reactions of people watching it on Youtube. :lmao:

Bryce, don't listen to them, google it. You have to see it to appreciate it.

If you do, don't say you were not warned. ;)

There was 1 photo I didn't upload with the others. Here it is, with a couple different crops.

1)
4819667735_240780a732.jpg

2)
4821005989_3d0c1d3ac5.jpg

3)
4821006131_1d44c5aeb7.jpg

Last edited:
^^^abov epic seems to suffer from noise and those green specs in the background are distracting..

Those green specs are from the green apple flavor burst. :greenpbl:

But they are distracting. Should have wiped the machine down before taking the picture.

As far as noise goes, I could've turned down my ISO, right? That would help? It was 1600 ISO, which the camera set automatically. If I turned down the ISO, I'm thinking I would either have to slow my shutter speed, and/or increase my aperture (smaller f/stop), right?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back