The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have my hesitations about posting this and also adding such a leading title but I wonder what your reactions are.

upload_2017-5-22_10-12-48.png

It has a great deal of tension in it. The hand on the empty chair, the subject not facing us, darkness (shadows) of the room, and the sterility of the scene all contribute to it's emotional interpretation. You could have left it untitled and I would have thought the same.

Definitely lots of tension and emotion. I related to this almost immediately, thinking of both of my late grandparents, one with Alzheimer's, one with dementia.

Similar to @jcdeboever , you could have left it untitled, and I would have thought the same.

Agree with both of the above a very powerful image; my only thought is that the crop lets it down a little.

Agree with both of the above a very powerful image; my only thought is that the crop lets it down a little.

thanks, I would have liked more room, particularly at the bottom but it is what it is.
Actually, I was thinking more of cropping off the RH edge to eliminate the cabinets/shelves. In my mind, they add a visual distraction (albeit a minor one) which competes for the eye's attention with the main subject.

Looking at the the outside world and bracing them self or grasping for support. I can relate to this on a couple of levels. Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back