I'm back.. with some Adirondack Foliage

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, I know I haven't been on here in a long while and I sort of just disappeared. It was partially due to being busy - I'm going back to school while working full time and trying to maintain some semblance of a life - and partially just because my passion for photography had temporarily waned.

Such is my passion for photography - it waxes and wanes, seemingly without reason

I've been trying to get out with my camera and drone again recently because I've had that itch, and so I took a couple of days and got up to the Adirondacks to check out the fall foliage. First two are top down drone shots, and the third is a standard landscape from my X-T3.

Hope you enjoy, and as always, C&C is always welcome.

1.) I wanted to avoid making the colors look unrealistic, and so there has been no saturation or color adjustment on this image. The other two had color enhancement, but only to match what I saw in person. This is about how they looked to the naked eye:
48862829967_b43ada2d87_h.jpg

2.) The contrast between man and nature caught my eye here
48862838372_17adf929e6_h.jpg

3.) Indian Head Overlook - 750 feet above lower ausable lake. One of the most stunning vistas in NY state, but requires a nearly 10 mile round trip hike to visit.
48862648276_9f10409d17_h.jpg

Last edited:
This was a great place to do some drone photography. Your images are wonderful. It's a good to see you back man.

Stunning foliage! The straight down drone shots make me a bit dizzy but are still cool.

This was a great place to do some drone photography. Your images are wonderful. It's a good to see you back man.

Thanks! Good to be back.. hoping I can find enough time to take at least a few photos each week. Have to get creative because I’m rarely free at sunrise or sunset.

I definitely want to use the drone more extensively in the Adirondacks. Lots of untapped potential there.

Very nice, I also think the perspective in the 2nd is cracking. I think the orange in the 3rd us a little too much, I'd desaturate the trees in the bottom left a little to bring back that natural look.

what drone exactly?

Nice to see you back!
Good shots.

Nice set. I was in the Lake Placid are end of last week. Colors were nice but not quite as bright as what you got.

Hey all, I know I haven't been on here in a long while and I sort of just disappeared. It was partially due to being busy - I'm going back to school while working full time and trying to maintain some semblance of a life - and partially just because my passion for photography had temporarily waned.

Such is my passion for photography - it waxes and wanes, seemingly without reason

I've been trying to get out with my camera and drone again recently because I've had that itch, and so I took a couple of days and got up to the Adirondacks to check out the fall foliage. First two are top down drone shots, and the third is a standard landscape from my X-T3.

1.) I wanted to avoid making the colors look unrealistic, and so there has been no saturation or color adjustment on this image. The other two had color enhancement, but only to match what I saw in person. This is about how they looked to the naked eye:

3.) Indian Head Overlook - 750 feet above lower ausable lake. One of the most stunning vistas in NY state, but requires a nearly 10 mile round trip hike to visit.
I live in ADK and I actually think I saw this on IG. Nice work!! I love that you didn’t over photoshop!!

I live in ADK and I actually think I saw this on IG. Nice work!! I love that you didn’t over photoshop!!

Thanks! Super jealous that you live there.. if I could find work up there I’d contemplate moving because I hate having to drive 6 hours to get to my favorite part of the state.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back