Im very new. Let me know what you think.

Elle2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A poud grandmother
3.jpg

I think you did very well here.
Just a suggestion...I think since you missed the little guys finger and her hand, you might want to have a look at a crop to a little below where his elbow would be and a little off the top to get to a square crop.
This will not only tidy the image along the bottom, but, will also help to enhance the importance of Gramma in the shot.
The exposure and clarity look real good.
Well done.

I like the composition, but its too bright for me. And personally I would like to see a little shorter DOF, but that's just how I would have shot it. The picture shows good potential, and I really enjoy the subjects. Although the boy does look a bit tired in this picture, but I have a horrible time shooting children; I just get lucky when they turn out well. Kudos!

Oh thank you so much for your replies. Stillwater what do you mean by DOF? Im a very new photographer and arent aware of the technical words just yet! I dont even have a proper camera!
I actually love the fact that the little one is looking sad. In my opinion in captures a moment. A childish one with grandma. I like taking pics of kids when they know they're not being photographed. Its so funny!

Sorry, DOF stands for depth of field, it is the part of the photograph that appears in sharp focus if you will. It is possible to make the subject sharp, and have the background unfocused to help make the subject more distinguishable from the background. But as stated before, its all based on your personal style and what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks stillwater! Thats exactly what i plan to do when i get my new camera. At the moment i dont think i can get all fancy with my pictures and accurate. I will post some others up and let me know what you think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back