Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Maybe not quite to Abraxas' standard, but after work today I nipped out with the intention of getting a new shot or two for my 2,000th post here. Unfortunately I lost track of what I was doing, so these are 2,001 instead.

#1 - Dunes behind the KKIA Riyadh Airport

1118197766_a038256916_o.jpg

#2 - A passing local

1117360403_9b1709aeec_o.jpg

#3 - Looking over the King's farm

1117361525_df122e09f7_o.jpg

There are a few more details on flickr if you want them.

(Congrats on your 2001st post, heehee).

I really love that first shot, of the dunes. The different shades are just yummy.

Looks great to me. The tones are awesome and the sand dunes are unblemished. I must say our nerds here though are 9-10 pen nerds. I haven't seen a single pen nerd in years.

...and the sand dunes are unblemished.

Be very grateful you can't see them up close, there is all sorts of rubbish in them; plastic carrier bags, broken bottles, toy cars, tin cans, camel crap... you name it, it's in there. I also had to crop heavily so the quad-bike tracks weren't obvious.

It was nice out there though, despite the car thermometer reading 45C or thereabouts, there was a nice breeze and very pleasant to be out in.

Just twigged on the pen nerd thing - generally, I'm of the two-pen variety, though I have been known to go to three on occasion :lmao:

Thanks for the comments

Great photos! #1 is my fav. I'm glad all the junk you described wasn't in the photo. Congrats on you're 2000th (2001st) post. Thanks for sharing!

Be very grateful you can't see them up close, there is all sorts of rubbish in them; plastic carrier bags, broken bottles, toy cars, tin cans, camel crap... you name it, it's in there. I also had to crop heavily so the quad-bike tracks weren't obvious.

It was nice out there though, despite the car thermometer reading 45C or thereabouts, there was a nice breeze and very pleasant to be out in.

Just twigged on the pen nerd thing - generally, I'm of the two-pen variety, though I have been known to go to three on occasion :lmao:

Thanks for the comments

Chris,

Doesn't sound much different than shooting around here. Subsitute worn tires and mattresses for camel crap and we're in the same place. Again, good job and thanks for the illusion.

I've been demoted several times from 4-pen to 1-pen nerd for brushes with 'cool.'

Most reactions

New Topics

Back