in the park

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by buckenmeyer, Oct 25, 2004.

1. buckenmeyer

buckenmeyer TPF Noob!

Can you guys give me your opinion on these? :lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. andycurtis

andycurtis TPF Noob!

I honestly don't know about the first one. I like the uneasyness of the shot, but can't make up my mind as to whether I like it or not.

But the second one... this I really like. The tones are the girl's face are perfect. I love the disinterested look of the guy and the contrasting lonely/sad/questioning look on the girl's. The fact that the guy is slightly out of focus adds to the depth of this picture. I have no idea what you're trying to say with this picture, but I like it.

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree, the second one is awesome, just as is. Her face has a wide open expression and I like the position of him behind her like this....really cool. :thumbsup:

The first shot is good, composition-wise, but I'm having to work too hard to make out the expressions. A little fill-in flash would get rid of those eye shadows. Not blinding flash, mind you, just enough to throw light on their faces so their eyes are visible.

Keep at it, this is an appealing couple with good camera language. :D

4. Bre

Bre TPF Noob!

The first shot is good. It would be a terrific shot without the people in it. The second shot is EXCELLENT!

5. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

I like them both very much; first gives me an uneasy feeling but I like it. The second is great; they look like manikins.

6. bogleric

bogleric TPF Noob!

to be quite honest, my first reaction of the first picture was... "snapshot"....

As for the second picture, I find it quite interesting. The use of black and white with the right DOF created an excellent and very interesting composition. This picture portrays so many execellent qualities. It almost "speaks" to the viewer!!!!!

7. Jovian

Jovian TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm debating on the first one...if they weren't holding hands, switched places, and scooted him back about 10 feet...I would love it...but as is...I'm not sure. But I'm with everyone else on the second one, its a great shot!

8. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

As for the first, I think what Terri was saying is right. You need a bit more light to brighten up their faces. Also, there is too much light behind the guy so it's harder to look at him without being drawn upwards. The couple also looks like they are awaiting guidance from you on what they should be doing. It's a good attempt but I think the first one needs some work.

I really like the second shot. The way they look like they are busy doing other things when you took the picture is great. The composition and expressions are wonderful.

9. buckenmeyer

buckenmeyer TPF Noob!

Thanks for all your comments. The second one I took out the color and overexposed it with Photoshop. :)

10. cso

cso TPF Noob!

I like the first one. There is a really uncomfortable quality to it. Would try to fill in a little with a flash though...not too much.

Second one is a great photo. I like the perpendiculars and the tension between the disinterested man, and the woman who is in your face seeking attention.

11. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

I keep coming back to this thread and wonder where your idea came from to pose like this. I find these two images incredibly unique and at times get an uneasy feeling about them; however my interest increases with each visit. I may be out on this alone, but IMHO I find these pics to be the most captivating currently on the forum. :?

12. Canon Fan

Canon Fan TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Not a fan of the first. The second shot however is brilliant. I love it. Not quite sure exactly why but I think it is mainly the expression on her face. Good work!