buckenmeyer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.buckenmeyer.com
Can you guys give me your opinion on these? :lol:

f30.jpg

f29.jpg

I honestly don't know about the first one. I like the uneasyness of the shot, but can't make up my mind as to whether I like it or not.

But the second one... this I really like. The tones are the girl's face are perfect. I love the disinterested look of the guy and the contrasting lonely/sad/questioning look on the girl's. The fact that the guy is slightly out of focus adds to the depth of this picture. I have no idea what you're trying to say with this picture, but I like it.

I agree, the second one is awesome, just as is. Her face has a wide open expression and I like the position of him behind her like this....really cool. :thumbsup:

The first shot is good, composition-wise, but I'm having to work too hard to make out the expressions. A little fill-in flash would get rid of those eye shadows. Not blinding flash, mind you, just enough to throw light on their faces so their eyes are visible.

Keep at it, this is an appealing couple with good camera language. :D

The first shot is good. It would be a terrific shot without the people in it. The second shot is EXCELLENT!

I like them both very much; first gives me an uneasy feeling but I like it. The second is great; they look like manikins.

to be quite honest, my first reaction of the first picture was... "snapshot"....

As for the second picture, I find it quite interesting. The use of black and white with the right DOF created an excellent and very interesting composition. This picture portrays so many execellent qualities. It almost "speaks" to the viewer!!!!!

I'm debating on the first one...if they weren't holding hands, switched places, and scooted him back about 10 feet...I would love it...but as is...I'm not sure. But I'm with everyone else on the second one, its a great shot!

As for the first, I think what Terri was saying is right. You need a bit more light to brighten up their faces. Also, there is too much light behind the guy so it's harder to look at him without being drawn upwards. The couple also looks like they are awaiting guidance from you on what they should be doing. It's a good attempt but I think the first one needs some work.

I really like the second shot. The way they look like they are busy doing other things when you took the picture is great. The composition and expressions are wonderful.

I like the first one. There is a really uncomfortable quality to it. Would try to fill in a little with a flash though...not too much.

Second one is a great photo. I like the perpendiculars and the tension between the disinterested man, and the woman who is in your face seeking attention.

I keep coming back to this thread and wonder where your idea came from to pose like this. I find these two images incredibly unique and at times get an uneasy feeling about them; however my interest increases with each visit. I may be out on this alone, but IMHO I find these pics to be the most captivating currently on the forum. :?

Not a fan of the first. The second shot however is brilliant. I love it. Not quite sure exactly why but I think it is mainly the expression on her face. Good work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back