Incoming Chill | Winter Sunset | Critiques Please!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Headed out to Bluff Point State Park this evening to photograph the sunset: It started out dull, and grew in intensity and beauty with every passing minute.

Nikon D800
Nikon 16-35 f4 VRII
Lee 0.6 GND Soft
Lee 0.9 GND Hard

"Incoming Chill" by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Thoughts?!

Cheers!
Jake

I think that's really pretty and would totally hang that on my wall in a large print. The only thing I wonder is what your reason was for putting the horizon so close to the center of the frame. I assume it's to keep the drama of the sky and water together. I'm not saying I would change it, I just wondered. :)

I think that's really pretty and would totally hang that on my wall in a large print. The only thing I wonder is what your reason was for putting the horizon so close to the center of the frame. I assume it's to keep the drama of the sky and water together. I'm not saying I would change it, I just wondered. :)

I was "forced" to, per-se. The water was splashing quite a bit, so using filters and the such wouldn't allow me to get low (thus having more sky and less foreground, but a similar weight, if that makes sense), and getting up high had too little foreground, and aiming upwards at the height I was at had too little foreground. This spot seemed to be the best balance of composition/shootability/balance.

Jake

Nice! Wouldn't change a thing.

Literally love it

Im looking to buy one ND filter this week. Which do you suggest?

Im looking to buy one ND filter this week. Which do you suggest?

Solid ND? The little stopper is easily the most versatile of the few I own.

very nice.... how close were you to the action? looked like there was a chance of getting moist

very nice.... how close were you to the action? looked like there was a chance of getting moist

Definitely was-got a bit of water on some filters, my lens, and my speaker. Nothing cataclysmic though! Maybe about 2-3 feet away?

Jake

Im looking to do some long exposure beach shots on new years eve/day and need to get the best one that would work for that, sunrise and sunset photos hopefully.

Yup!! Print it and hang it on your wall, I really need to learn a thing or two about landscapes from you and Majeed.. Love it!:thumbyo:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back