Infant Relatives Make Great Subjects

Ajay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm new to this site and I've been looking for a place to get some real feedback and advice on improving my shots. Open to
My niece is now six weeks old and these are some of my favorite shots from the photo sessions we've had.
Gabriella3weeks021fav7.jpg

gabriella9307097.jpg

ella930004bw.jpg

Gabriella3weeks085fav71bw.jpg

gabriella9307030.jpg

#4 is awesome! Can I steal that idea? My close friend is about to have a baby and wants me to take photo's for her.

Please do! I picked that pose up at a studio I worked at once.

I concur. #4 is very, very good. I love the nice, soft lighting on #2 as well.

#4 is awesome! Can I steal that idea? My close friend is about to have a baby and wants me to take photo's for her.
This shot also works well with a black blanket or background pulled around the feet, which is how I've mostly seen it done. I just liked the contrast of the white blanket with her darker skin. Here are a couple other feet shots I did with her...I know the first one probably needs a tighter crop.
Gabriella3weeks081fav67bw-Copy.jpg

Gabriella3weeks086fav72bw.jpg

gabriella9307092.jpg

Great shots! It says ok to edit...so I edited #5. It's such a sweet shot.

gabriella9307030copy.jpg

gabriella9307030copy1.jpg

Yes, these are beautiful. Some of your shots area a tad grainy but thats fixable. You have a natural talent and it shows in your shots!!!!!!!!

Thank you to everyone!
Heip, those edits are amazing! What all did you do and how did you do it?? I feel so lost every time I open photoshop and you guys make it look so easy!
Do you have refinishing software or a plugin of some sort? I've been wanting to purchase the Digital Gem Airbrush.
I played around with cloning out the baby's other arm, but I never felt like I could get it to look right and I didn't think of cloning out the mother's other hand. How did you soften the edges and make the light look like it was fading in? And did you do something with her eyes?
I love the black and white version especially. The only thing that bugs me is that the skin almost looks a little too retouched. But overall...amazing. I want all of my photos to look that good!

Yes, these are beautiful. Some of your shots area a tad grainy but thats fixable. You have a natural talent and it shows in your shots!!!!!!!!
Thank you!
Is the grain something I can fix in photoshop or something I need to do when I'm actually taking the picture? I do tend to use a higher ISO in what others might call normal light because I have a hard time keeping my hands still.

Other than clonining out the mothers other hand and the baby's hand hanging down, I softened the entire pic and then brushed back the parts I wanted sharp ie; eyes, nose, hair, etc.

Thank you!
Is the grain something I can fix in photoshop or something I need to do when I'm actually taking the picture? I do tend to use a higher ISO in what others might call normal light because I have a hard time keeping my hands still.

You can fix the grain in most photo editing programs. However if you are using a high ISO then you want to lower that if you are in good light. If you need to use a higher ISO because your indoors then just fix that in your editing program.

They are still very good photos!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back