Inserting a link to another message

Actinia

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How can I refer to another post within my own posting? I can give the forum and the post title, but how can I include a link?

Leaderboard | Page 123 | Photography Forum

Like this?

On the post you want to link to, there is an anchor number. Its a red #xxxx in the top right corner of that individual post. Right click on the number and "copy link address" (or whatever your browser says). When you go to post the new one, click on the Add Link (A+ to the left in the editor window) and paste in that link address.

How can I refer to another post within my own posting? I can give the forum and the post title, but how can I include a link?

If, on the other hand, you mean this, then click on "+ QUOTE" at lower right of the post and "INSERT QUOTES" at the lower left of the editor window. A pop-up will show you the post quote and you just select it.

Thanks snowbear. I thought that it ought to be something like that. I can copy the link OK, but I cannot see how to paste it into my message. I can see no sign of an 'Add Link' or A+ in the editor window. I had previously tried hovering over the various icons in the editor, but nothing came up.

It is the fifth icon from the left at the top of the post editor. It looks like a blue capital "A" with a little green dot (it's a plus sign) at it's base.

Icons are (left to right) B I U colors then the Insert Link.

The capital blue A with the green + dot is the Font Size icon.
The Link icon is a chain link in the next icon section. The Link icon with green + dot is the add a link icon. The Link icon with the red - dot is the unlink icon.

I JUST realized I posted the wrong icon . . . I guess I hadn't drank enough coffee, yet. Sorry about that. :icon_redface:

Thanks. If I've got this right, this should link to my original post here.

When you are composing a post at the lower right you can click on MORE OPTIONS and then click PREVIEW and in the preview you can click on and test any links you have added.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back