Inspired by Yamant....aquarium photography

Lyanna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay...went to the Oceanium today, the big aquarium at my local zoo and tried my hand at some acquarium shooting. After much swearing, fiddling round with a tripod *pple stare at you when you are by yourself in a zoo by the way, specially when you are carrying around a tripod with a mounted camera* and these are the results I was most pleased with.

The shark I posted in the critique too cause I rather like the composition and would like to know what I could have done better.

shark.sized.jpg

anemone.sized.jpg

unhappy_fishy.sized.jpg

sealife.sized.jpg

anemone1.sized.jpg

What's the verdict?

I like #'s 2, 3, and 5 the best. I think that the blue in the others is too intense. Probably just me though.

Great shots.

I'm no expert, but that rule of thirds thing might have made it look better rather than centering stuff

yup, obviously but on a crowded day with many pple around you don't get much opportunity to really look at composition. You have to be quick about it.

Besides, I was more concerned with how my cam exactly worked so I could get a clear pic than with the rule of thirds this time I am afraid :D

Next time, I'll pick a less crowded day hehehe

Very nice work!

#1 I love the feeling in this one. Almost like you can sense that this little guy is about to attack something!

#2 Beautiful colors!

#3 Great photo and the color are nice. Next time you may want to think about not putting your subject directly in the center. It would make for a more visually pleasing effect.

#4 I'm with hobbes on this one, it may be a little too blue but I still like the composition. Kind of reminds us how big the ocean really is (even though this is an aquarium

#5 nice photo, but whatever is in the upper left corner is kind of distracting. Great colors in this one too!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back