Interest in a Meetup in Midwest Ontario?

Google Says:

Knoxville to PA: 7.5 hours
Knoxville to Ontario: "Cannot calculate directions between Knoxville and Ontario"

Sounds like PA, FTW!! :lmao:

I am not EVEN kidding--Google maps basically told me I can't GET there from here! :lol:
I did finally get it to tell me it is approx. 12 hours to Hanover, Ontario...but it still can't get me to Ontario. :D
Well, Ontario is a very large province...not really a specific location. It's sort of like asking how long it would for you to drive to Texas. 10 hours to the border...but 20 hours to the west side. ;)

That's what I thought at first. But it will give me directions to any state--Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, etc. without giving it a specific city.
It'll also give me directions to Japan, and China, including the instructions to sail 3,879 miles across the Pacific Ocean. :lmao:
But not Ontario.

EDIT: I do think you're right, I'm just having fun. It gave me a chuckle that it said it I can't get there from here. Well, not in those words, but that's what came across.
With most places, it just seems to pick a spot. Maybe it attempts to hit about the center, I'm not sure--I know it took me WAY into Pennsylvania. But anything that is over some "too big for its own good" size, like Canada, or Russia, it just says, "Nope. That's hard. I'm not going to try to figure that out."

Last edited:
....just curious,but,time wise,how far are you from Cayuga?I've been to the track a few times.

I'll just leave this here:

Last edited by a moderator:
....just curious,but,time wise,how far are you from Cayuga?I've been to the track a few times.

First of all you guys are nuts ;) Cool to see there is interest though! You guys will fit right in here lol

Ratssass, I'm going to ballpark Cayuga at about 2.5 hours due south of us.

Heck, it's only 1,189 miles for me. In a normal car, say 16 hours, give or take...in my Mini, 12 +/- well at least until I hit Canadian airspace where I'm sure I'd have to crank it down a bit. What time of the summer? I am traveling out west (Friday Harbor, WA) to my niece's wedding in July. It would make for a nice return trip venue.

Cool Ceeboy! I would say weather wise mid to late July is best, August the risk of rain goes way up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back