Interesting interview question

tmpadmin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.paterek.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got back from a second interview. The last question threw me, I never heard anyone ask this in an interview.

"What is one question you would not want us to ask you?"

I was thrown! I stumbled looking for something that would not make me look bad. I came up quickly with "What do you do for fun?" Kind of cheese but I turned it into a geek answer (as I am a full blow geek). I said I like to work for fun. Yeah, cheesy, I know. I went on to say how I would get bored at home sometimes at 10pm and head off to work on the servers or something. I have been thinking about that question since I left and still cannot think of a question I would not want to be asked.

So, after my long-winded intro, what is the one question you do not want anyone to ask you?

tmpadmin said:
Well, after much thought I have decided that I would not like someone to ask me THIS question:

Wow...that would throw me, too! Hmmm...what question would I not want to be asked? Um...hmmmm.....maybe where do I see myself in 20 years...cuz I don't know. (I know, not a good question to not have an answer to!)

core_17 said:
Littleman, that is a REALLY good answer! I'm changing my answer to LIttlemans.
I'm an expert in coming up with smart ass responses during interviews... if I really want the job I'll shut up and act smart though... :lmao:

I went for an interview at a College and the Principal asked the first question:
What makes you think you can do this job?

I didn't even pause:
The fact that you gave me an interview. If you don't think I can do it, then what am I doing here?

Hertz van Rental said:
I went for an interview at a College and the Principal asked the first question:
What makes you think you can do this job?

I didn't even pause:
The fact that you gave me an interview. If you don't think I can do it, then what am I doing here?

:lmao::lmao: That's true. I've only had one interview in my life, got the job on site :mrgreen: I work at a gas station, pretty good for a 14 year old hey? Anyway I actually can't think of anything I wouldn't want him asking. Strange question, will ponder this one...

I just found out that I may have to go get a job somewhere this week... :er:
Glad this topic came up...

The worst question I got asked after a long day of group exercise interviews and other ritual candidate-humiliation was: "What makes you different".

I was thoroughly stuck because all I could think of was: "I'm smarter". I overanalyse questions, and I should have said something like "I'm the right person for the job" or "I'm the only one to make you laugh". But no, I flunked it.

They didn't offer me the job because they believed I'd cheated in the aptitude tests (I didn't) because I got 100% in logic, deductive reasoning, maths and verbal reasoning. They are essential skills for my job, so I told them to get stuffed.

It was a crap under-paid job as well!

Rob

Rob said:
The worst question I got asked after a long day of group exercise interviews and other ritual candidate-humiliation was: "What makes you different".

I was thoroughly stuck because all I could think of was: "I'm smarter". I overanalyse questions, and I should have said something like "I'm the right person for the job" or "I'm the only one to make you laugh". But no, I flunked it.

They didn't offer me the job because they believed I'd cheated in the aptitude tests (I didn't) because I got 100% in logic, deductive reasoning, maths and verbal reasoning. They are essential skills for my job, so I told them to get stuffed.

It was a crap under-paid job as well!

Rob

I HATE that garbage when they don't believe your scores! I finally resorted to joining MENSA for a while and having that on my resume just to get them to believe me. Then I dropped MENSA as soon as I got the job. It was boring. All they ever did was argue about religion. And the entire arguement wnet something like "The Bible Says" "You can't use the Bible - its not a valid book" "Yes I can" "No you can't". They want to argue religion that's fine but I (probably naively) I expected "smart" people to argue a little more intelligently instead of like 4 year olds.

Most reactions

Back