Into the Sun

Laurence

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think that this shows the high flare reduction capabilities of the Pentax-A medium format 55mm lens. Also, the shadow detail was surprisingly good for a "straight-on" shot into the sun.

Pentax 645
Pentax-A manual 55/2.8 lens
Provia

Tilted Meadows - Olympic Mountains
LightShowonTiltedMeadow.jpg

This photo is so-so-so beautiful. I love it!
And not a flare in sight! That's cool.
I just love this kind of light you had here. It really sculpts the country. Wonderful.

This photo is so-so-so beautiful. I love it!
And not a flare in sight! That's cool.
I just love this kind of light you had here. It really sculpts the country. Wonderful.

Why THANK YOU! I actually traversed across those steep meadows and made an evening camp on the farthest meadow you see, near the top of the ridge.

Absolutely the most beautiful picture I've seen today. My eyes search the entire picture because the contrasts are so pleasing.

Very cool shot! The angle makes the surface of the side of the mountain look like texture! Did you use a filter for this one?

(I'm slowly starting to think that Pentax makes the best glass out there.)

Absolutely the most beautiful picture I've seen today. My eyes search the entire picture because the contrasts are so pleasing.

Thank you very much, Susan. I am glad it appeals to you. I have decided to make this one a keeper because of the good feedback. I appreciate your comment.

Very cool shot! The angle makes the surface of the side of the mountain look like texture! Did you use a filter for this one?

(I'm slowly starting to think that Pentax makes the best glass out there.)

I did not filter this shot, invisible. My purpose was to shoot straight into the sun without anything filtered, to see just how well the SMC coating would survive such a shot. It answered my question, and I have to agree that the Pentax lenses, whether Takumars, Pentax-A SMCs, or other Pentax lenses...ALL seem to be characteristically quite efficient equipment.

Most reactions

Back