Introduction, New Here + pics

LizzyQ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! I just found this forum and had to join! I just bought a Rebel XTi and have been taking lots of photos. I really want to learn some more tricks and tips, and get some inspiration too.

So, as an introduction, here are some photos I've taken recently with my new XTi (I take a lot of photos of my baby boy!)

Edits and opinions welcome, please go easy on this newbie!

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_0960-2.jpg

IMG_0543-2.jpg

And some random pics of people I know:

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0766-2.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Nice pics.

These shots all really have some potential, I like them all but one thing that stands out is your framing.

On #1 the bottom lip is partially cropped out, just seems like a weird spot to crop.

#2 just the very tip of the left hand is cut out. (although great pic otherwise, I think it's my favorite)

#3 you amputated him at the elbows

#4 her left hand is cut off, as well as part of her left foot

I know sometimes some of this is unavoidable, but I think you need to pay a little more attention to where you cut out body parts. (something I'm working on as well) I think a general rule of thumb is, don't cut out right at joints, and if you need to cut something out, don't just cut out the very tip, or it looks awkward. Either back up or zoom out just a little to get everything in the frame or zoom in a little more so more is cut out rather than just the tips.

Keep shooting though, you definitely have an eye for good shots.

I know.. I am bummed about the lip crop on #1, but I loved the photo too much not to show it off!

What a beautiful baby!! How old???

I like the first few, but then they start looking like snapshots starting with the first guitar photo.

Love the blue eyes!! Absolutely adorable baby.

welcome!! your son has the bluest eyes i have ever seen

Welcome!

What blue eyes your son has....looks like one of this figurines....precious moments, i think they are....cant remember! :)

Anywho, welcome aboard, have fun

Most reactions

New Topics

Back