Iowa Grainery

emptypockets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently purchased Topaz Adjust 4 and was playing around with it on this shot. It's a single exposure run through the Topaz filter. Pretty decent results in my opinion, but what do you think?

Grainery.jpg

The image looks a bit flat

I'm not liking the halo or lightness that you see in the middle of the tree, or the darker areas around the top part of the grainery.

The image would of been much nicer with some puffy clouds or something else to break up the monotony of the blue clouds

Just my opinion though :)

Yes I agree w/ bigtwinky. I am likeing the subject matter though. Maby a little cropping of of the top to take some of the sky away? Also I really dont think this qualifies as a HDR image, as HDR requires multiple exposures To be taken. If multi. exp. were taken the building on the left would pretty much not have any dark areas. Just my opinion though. I would call this "tonemapped". Bynx? Any comments? LOL

Always a comment desertdave. But Id prefer to give praise for a good shot than to just blow off steam about a lousy one. Not much praise here. Its pretty lousy. The sky and its halo around everything in the picture just looks soooo bad. And there is no help from the indigo blotchiness in the shadows of the building. The yellow fluorescent grass looks like from a bad HDR, but as has been stated, this isnt HDR so, shouldnt really be posted here. Emptypockets, you say its pretty decent results. What part of the picture are you looking at? Is there any part which really makes you step back and go "WOW".

As was said earlier, this isn't an HDR in the true sense of the word. I've taken some and am well aware of the difference, but was mostly was just playing around with this shot. I also agree with the too much sky comment and will work on another crop.

What pops to me in this shot is the buildings. My eyes follow the shorter building to the grainery.

I realize you have just capture this in one shot, right?
but what did you do after that in PS or no matter what software? because the grase and other elements seem weird

My bad, I should have re-read the post and realized you stated this was a single shot format w/ topaz.....I just jumped to conclusions because it's in the HDR section. But I am still likeing the subject matter. W/ some work I think this could be a really good one. Pls re-pp and post if you would, as I would love to see what you can do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back