Botanic Gardens, Dublin

2320035708_d19b375144.jpg

Mound of the hostages, Hill of Tara, Meath

2319215969_3b6a0ed704_b.jpg

Another from the Hill of Tara, Meath, Ireland

2319230465_d496ec1f37.jpg

Graveyard, Hill of tara.

Welcome to the forum!

What gorgeous pics, and good work on the post processing. I really like them all, but I keep coming back to that first one. I love the look of the sun shining through the trees, and my eye is drawn into the shot and up to the distant farmhouse* just visible. So peaceful and ageless.

I really look forward to seeing more of your pics!!!

*It looks like a farmhouse, but the caption says it's a botanical garden?

Thanks for the nice comments all:D, I'll be a regular here from now on, I got a great reception and i only joined 30 minutes ago:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ohh and its a small house in the Botanical Gardens, not a farmhouse but looks like one....

Great shots!! I was in Ireland last summer. In Donegal for 2 weeks and in Dublin for a week. I know how that sky gets gray/black like that... beautiful captures! Like them all and your PP work is perfect!

(a snapshot that I took, no PP work done on it... and not to hijack just want to share my "dark sky" experience too )
DSCN4124.jpg

Great shots!! I was in Ireland last summer. In Donegal for 2 weeks and in Dublin for a week. I know how that sky gets gray/black like that... beautiful captures! Like them all and your PP work is perfect!

Yea it really was stormy that day and the sky was really dark with gaps in the clouds, great to photograph even with 70-80 mph winds....

HDR on 2, 3 and 5? Beautiful shots. I love 2, it feels like there could be such a story behind it!

I've noticed that same 'dreamy' quality in your shots before that I see on photo 1 - how do you achieve this?

Well done on the pics :)

C.

Oooo, I like the new pic you added (the one of the path through the cem). The post processing really gives it great 'mood'.

shoebecca, number 2 is an ancient buriel mound in Ireland, no 3 is the same thing from a different angle, it has a story behind it, its older than the pyramids, some people think the Ark of the Covenant is buried beneth it. I'll post some pics of the interior soon.

Antarctican your my best supporter on my first day here, thank you:D, I didnt get an oppertunity to repay you YET, but I will..

HDR on 2, 3 and 5? Beautiful shots. I love 2, it feels like there could be such a story behind it!

I've noticed that same 'dreamy' quality in your shots before that I see on photo 1 - how do you achieve this?

Well done on the pics :)

C.

I achieve this by taking (HDR)6 shots of the same scene, 3 under, 3 over, put them through photomatix, tonemap them. thats the secret, but find a deserving subject to do it coz it works or dont...

What gorgeous pics, and good work on the post processing. I really like them all, but I keep coming back to that first one. I love the look of the sun shining through the trees, and my eye is drawn into the shot and up to the distant farmhouse* just visible. So peaceful and ageless.

+1. Great stuff!

like no. 3, very special lights!

Most reactions

Back