Is 'aperature' a real word?

heehee

efficient?

the americans spent millions of dollars developing a pen that works in
zero-gravity, upside down, underwater..

..the russian use a pencil.

lol

'da'

but yes, efficiency/practicality it is. i've stopped writing 'colour' and now write 'color' mainly because the
internet seems internationally (USA) english based, more and more. and even in (definitive) british
english =] we dropped our long/double vowels in texts, whereas our flemish cousins still write them.

..the russian use a pencil.
Maybe (not sure if that is actually true, I've heard it many times though...), but pencils create a serious FOD (Foreign Object Debris/Damage) problem (shavings, broken tips (electrically conductive, not good), eraser rubbings, etc). FOD is something that you do not want floating around in the flight deck of an air/space craft.

;)

"Lense" also bugs me, but then I realized that it is actually an accepted spelling in the England-English-speaking world (as opposed to 'Mer'ca).

When I first started in photography, I thought it was aperature. ;)

No idea why . . . guess that's the way I'd heard it pronounced.

Maybe (not sure if that is actually true, I've heard it many times though...), but pencils create a serious FOD (Foreign Object Debris/Damage) problem (shavings, broken tips (electrically conductive, not good), eraser rubbings, etc). FOD is something that you do not want floating around in the flight deck of an air/space craft.

;)

..and a dropped pen isn't (?) ok..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back