Is it possible to create setting shortcuts?

asukaoyl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So here is my issue. I generally use two sets of baseline settings while shooting in clubs.

My flash setup, which is ISO 1250 / 640 shutter / f11 / +3.0 ev on flash
No flash setup, which is ISO 3200 / max 320 shutter / f2.8-3.5

Now going from one set of settings to the other is 1. a pain in the ass considering how many times in a night I will switch 2. the amount of times I will miss a shot due to having to switch from one to another is again countless.

You can say I do a level of nightlife photography but its not your "typical" stuff. Now is there any way I can bind say two buttons on my camera that will default to each group of settings?

Nikon D7200 currently. Whats the proper terminology for this so I can search how to set it up?

Never mind so basically you can set it up so U1 is one set and U2 is another.

U(ser)1 and U(ser)2. Page 62 in the manual.

U(ser)1 and U(ser)2. Page 62 in the manual.
Manual Al Bundy.gif

Didn't you ever wonder what u1 & u2 were on the dial?
You can also save the settings to a SD card in case you need to update or something

........You can also save the settings to a SD card in case you need to update or something

Once you save the settings on the SD card, you can transfer that file to a computer. Not only for 'safe keeping', but you can rename it to something you can remember easier. Then, if you need to set the camera back up that way, just rename it again back to the Nikon default name (I forget what that is ATM), drop it back onto the card and reset the camera.

So you can create a 'library' of settings. Weddings, Sports, Wildlife, Architecture, NASCAR, whatever you want.

So you can create a 'library' of settings. Weddings, Sports, Wildlife, Architecture, NASCAR, whatever you want.
or, in my case: overexposed, underexposed, out of focus, motion blur, and my favorite - what the &*%% is that? :confused:
Actually this is good to know - I may be upgrading the D40 in the next few weeks.

or, in my case: overexposed, underexposed, out of focus, motion blur, and my favorite - what the &*%% is that? :confused:
Actually this is good to know - I may be upgrading the D40 in the next few weeks.

Don't forget Forgot To Take The Lens Cap Off. :biggrin-new:

It's kind of hard to take shot with the lens cap on a SLR/DSLR unless you shoot from the hip. Now, with a rangefinder . . .

It's kind of hard to take shot with the lens cap on a SLR/DSLR unless you shoot from the hip. Now, with a rangefinder . . .

It's very easy if you have a setting for it! :801:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back