Is there anything more portable than a TLR?

I am going to drop a note to Jurgen at Certo6 and see what he suggests as a good first time folder.

Jurgen rocks! :) He put new bellows on this Isolette for me:

He might have a few hanging around. Just maybe. Just sayin'. :winksexy:

Emailed him and am waiting on a response with stock list suggestions. I am ready to buy! Really looking forward to getting one in my hands. Is yours a rangefinder? I have never used one. They seem simple enough. One thing intrigues me though. To get the focus, you line up the image in the center of the viewfinder, correct? What if I am trying to focus on something off center? How is that done?

Emailed him and am waiting on a response with stock list suggestions. I am ready to buy! Really looking forward to getting one in my hands. Is yours a rangefinder? I have never used one. They seem simple enough. One thing intrigues me though. To get the focus, you line up the image in the center of the viewfinder, correct? What if I am trying to focus on something off center? How is that done?
My Fuji and Leica's you just overlap the image, there is a focus patch just place it where you want to focus muck quicker than a DSLR but if you are doing street photography just set it to hyper focus and shoot away

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

^^ Right. You superimpose the 2 images over one another, for lack of a better word.

Thanks guys. Now just a waiting game :-(

I found that Hasselblad is quite portable. I used to walk around and shoot Street with my 500 c/m.

On-Broadway-13-UE-L.jpg

Citrus-Picker-UE-L.jpg

Note: with old MF folders you should look at ones that have a coupled rangefinder, unless you want to scale focus.

Note: with old MF folders you should look at ones that have a coupled rangefinder, unless you want to scale focus.

Good point. I could learn to scale focus, if needed.

I am waiting on Jurgen now to get back to me. Really really looking forward to getting one in my hands.

Ordered an Ercona 1! Really looking forward to getting it in my hands.

Anyone know if that particular camera will accept a modern tripod base plate or is the bushing of a different thread diameter and pitch?

I am waiting on Jurgen now to get back to me. Really really looking forward to getting one in my hands.

If I can learn, anyone can learn :D

Certainly. Anyway didn't a few days using my SLR and guessing distances, dialing it into the lens, and looking through the lens. I'm getting there.

Certainly. Anyway didn't a few days using my SLR and guessing distances, dialing it into the lens, and looking through the lens. I'm getting there.
You have a bit of leeway using a smaller aperture (larger number) i even use it on my Leicas when shooting on the street

Most reactions

New Topics

Back