IS THIS A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER??

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First Pic, Typical look at a covered bridge, for arguments sake lets say, Cliche, postcard, or whatever, but also a type desired by publishers., usually because its a winter scene...

so, PIC #2 This is one where I am trying different looks, in other words , its not a winter scene... also, not a norm entrance look, or much water to be seen, not the entire span either...not a usual covered bridge shot..
but for this I added window dressing with farm equipment..

So is this distracting, busy , good lead in, or could it simply say country living...
So how do you feel?? Is this a bridge over troubled water for ya ??

Whats Your Take?? and as always open game on anything about the pics..

Lets Go Folks, SINK YOUR CRI-TEETH INTO THIS!!

snowbridgecopyyes.jpg

coveredbridge.jpg

Love love the first shot. Comp. is perfect IMO. My mother would def. hang this on her wall...lol She loves the snow and it looks a bit oldish/countrified(Georgia word lol)...Beautiful!

2nd...Not so much with the farm equipment...I think I would have cut it in half and kept the right side......and showed only a little of the equipment maybe a different DOF?...I don't really enjoy the trees on the left either.....but to a farmer this would probably be an amazing shot. I'm just not a country girl. The colors are gorgeous and brightness perfect. :)

Looks like you explore a lot with different shots...and rightfully so. Your imagination is great!

aammoore... boy I got trouble always spelling your nick lol...anyway I thank you for commenting.....I see what your saying, and somewhat agree, well I do agree... but if you could see some I have sold, this would look like a masterpiece to ya...

Covered Bridges are very hard to get clean shots of , usually due to trees.. I am just trying to mix it up here for the portfolio to get some different looks..
and you really got to explore to stay competitive..lol

heres an example of a popular great looking bridge, but you can see WOW the Trees that I talk about in shooting bridges... at least here in Vermont most things left natural, no one goes in to build viewing decks, or cut trees lol...

yesbridge.jpg

The first one isn't a bad shot, but the branches on the left edge near the top are extremely distracting. The third one that you just posted above is a lovely shot in my opinion.

Absolutely LOVE the third photo....
I'm a nit picker...and most of my own shots down even match up....you are a GREAT photographer and I do NOT question that, at all..:)

NEM, i remember seeing the covered bridge shot on the old site...I like it but think there is a little too much in the top of the shot.

The second shot in my opinion is purely VT...you cant do much about trees in VT just gotta deal with them!! lol

well done
garrentee

In the first, I appreciate how well you observed to keep the tips of the three trees right behind the far side of the roof within your frame. I have seen this fact in other of your photos shown here and have always thought "Well, how well he framed!" (sorry, never said so before), for that could be so very, very easily overlooked. So :thumbup: for that little fact!!!

Your question is primarily about the second of the three photos that are meanwhile to be seen in this thread (with the third being plainly beautiful, no discussion), and you wonder if it might be too busy, and I think: yes, it is.

The idea is good having a bit of foreground in there being the farm equipment, but I feel that with the red of said equipment, its many shapes, its sheer number (two!) plus the very interesting wall pattern of the covered bridge and the tree on the left, there is just too much going on here.

Isn't there a chance to "play" a little with these walls of the bridge and the vertical and diagonal boards? With some low light as additional element? Just a thought that pops into my mind... quite randomly, actually.

aammoore.... Hey, I appreciate that, and your check is in the mail... lol
but seriously, I THANK YOU!

Guarantee.... Aghhhh we know trees here in Vermont, constant battle

Craig........... Agree nothing quite like early morn or early eve.. but,
schedule don't always work that way... thanks!

LaFoto........ Thanks so much... Well starting to get the feeling this is to
busy... but its one of those shots you hate to let go of...
I think also, here again, the power of RED in a photo
is what is distracting from the bridge itself;;;;

In other words another example of RED, what if the Bridge were RED and the equipment Gray>> Hmmmmmm, lol aghhh the Red in a photo, how it pulls us.. lol Thanks La Foto, appreciate it!!

Lol...don't laugh...but the more and more I look at the second one, I'm beginning to like it...:).....it grows on ya.

I like the first one. I think the second one is too busy you could probably make a good image just shooting the foreground but it is just too distracting in a photo of the bridge. I also just don't think the second one is a good angle on this bridge.

I really like the fist one best as to me it is the most focused in regards to subject.
If there is to be a nit pick I have it would be that it could possibly come in a little on the right as i think it would look better as a square crop.
Only my $.02 though .. :)

I think it has a very peaceful comforting appeal to it.
Im from the midwest originally and what few covered bridges that remain are slowly dissapearing.

NEM: what is cliché for some may be a stunning view for others. I live in a very warm climate... we never get snow (except on the mountains) and we don't have covered bridges around here... If I ever travel to VT and I see a postcard with the 1st image, I'll buy it!

For the 2nd one, yeah, it looks busy... I guess the farming equipment competes too strongly with the bridge. This could be a good thing if this image goes into a calendar... people will look at it at least for a month and they will have time to explore the details. ;)

(Think of these comments as comming from a potential post card and calendar buyer, for my photo knowledge is limited)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back