Is this a good buy?

slammer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm in the market for both the D80 and a 18-200VR lense and was curious if this seemed to be a good deal or not. I can't seem to find the VR available without having to wait a good while. I went to our local Ritz Store today and the nice lady said it would take six weeks for me to get my hands on one, even online. Plus the lady ask what I was looking for when I went in and once I told her she kinda was gigglely "is that a word" like I didn't have the money or anything "guess the way I was dressed ;-)" but the joke was on her anyway because I had the CASH in my pocket.

does this seem ok to buy, and which package should I get beings my knowledge on such is limited at best. I don't want to get the camera in then need to go shopping to by extra needed stuff. Currently, I don't have anything in the way of photography equipment that would be of use in the future.

Thanks in advance

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-D80-Digit...yZ147174QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-D80-Digit...yZ147174QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or, is there somewhere else I should look to get these at a better price, seperate or as a package?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
you might check KEH, the last time i checked , they had that lens in stock.

It is not a great deal, I would tend not to purchase cameras like this from ebay. B and H has both that lens and that camera in stock. The lens sells for $750 and the camera for $875. So both could be had for $1625 from a well known and trusted store. That would be my vote.

That's a fantastic deal if you don't have the body. Figure 900 for the body new at BHPhoto, and 750 for the lens at same place. You're saving a couple bucks, and getting an extra 4Gig card.

It is not a great deal, I would tend not to purchase cameras like this from ebay. B and H has both that lens and that camera in stock. The lens sells for $750 and the camera for $875. So both could be had for $1625 from a well known and trusted store. That would be my vote.

The seller has 11K transactions, deals only in photo equipment and has been an eBayer since 2002. I bought my camera off a store with SIGNIFICANTLY less transactions. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this seller is pretty damn reliable.

I would personally advise against that lens though. Like all of the super zooms the quality is reasonably average. It is a good walkabout lens though when you can't carry two on you. So you sacrifice quality for convenience. I wouldn't but plenty of people are happy with it. Good deal though if you do go for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back