It got me thinking....

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by katy625, Jun 9, 2010.

1. katy625

katy625 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    The May texture contest got me thinking. Who here is a fan of using textures and who isn't....and why. Who thinks it adds an edge to photography or who thinks it detracts from photography. I happen to love using textures to create scenes that couldn't be found in nature. I feel like it allows me to tell a story......but I wonder who thinks its just a waste of time. Im not trying to single any one out...i just want to know if I am wasting my time in PS when i need to be spending more time behind my camera.....because i feel like i am constantly wandering between the two....wavering more. Here is an example of something I put together. Some of this was my own textures that i created and some I got from flickr w/ permission of the owner....these are not being sold....only for my own practice btw. I was going for a Whistlers Mother sort of thing..... pic of the girl is my BFF of 19 yrs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  2. white

white TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Personally, I would like to do more stuff like this, but using traditional methods.

You should keep going as long as you find it enjoyable. Otherwise what is the point.

3. katy625

katy625 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    yeah i have a few ideas that could use traditional methods....i think using traditional methods would force u to be more creative......this pic up top would have been difficult to do though as i would have to set an actual tree on fire! Lol:lol: