IT has ARRIVED!!!!!!

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
The UPS tracking site said it would be here today!!! I eagerly awaited for the big brown truck to arrive. When I heard it out front around 11AM I ran to the door like a child that heard the music of the ice cream truck. The nice man went to the back of the truck, and I began to hear the commotion of box upon box being moved. After 4 minutes he hopped into the drivers seat and started the truck. He saw my sad face in the doorway and as he sped away exclaimed, "Im supposed to have something for you... but its not on the truck." :( I called the UPS hub and the man said, "Don't worry sir, we shall track down your package and get it to you by days end." Finally at 4:45 I heard the sound again. I raced to the door and their it was!!! A new UPS man in a different truck held out the big brown box and said "Sign here please." I gave him his funny plastic pencil back and raced inside to open the box which held.....!!!!!!!

MY NEW 5D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5d.jpg

I hate to even comment on this thread. It's kinda like knocking on a hotel door of a couple on their wedding night.

I'll let you get back to whatever you were doing.

I hate to even comment on this thread. It's kinda like knocking on a hotel door of a couple on their wedding night.

I'll let you get back to whatever you were doing.

Now THATS funny. It took me a couple seconds, but I got it. Actually I am a storm chaser, and a MONSTER tornadic storm is chewing up the Kansas countryside, so I am watching that on radar. Ill play with the camera tomorrow.

Doug

I know that feeling: you know they're coming; then you see them; then you watch them coming; ring the bell; you open.... it's so exiciting!! Yes, exactly like a little child.
Congratulations with your new acquisition. Enjoy it!

yep been there loads of times :) its a great feeling...

i was having a coffee in bed watching TV this morning, the wife brought me a package... 3 filters :D

Lucky bugger!

I plan to get one soon - currently tossing up in my mind whether to get the 70-200 2.8 IS first or the 5D - I have the F4 lens already, but that would go for the 2.8.

Enjoy the camera!

lol! I know the feeling...

, "Im supposed to have something for you... but its not on the truck." :( I called the UPS hub and the man said, "Don't worry sir, we shall track down your package and get it to you by days end." Finally at 4:45 I heard the sound again.
MY NEW 5D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know if I would have been able to handle that. I probably would have tried to track it down myself by flagging down every UPSman I saw.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back