It's not the camera, it's the photographer: Photo Assignment

$book.jpg

I thought this looked much better once I looked at it on the computer. Droid Ultra.

Canon S95, from an aircraft window, approaching San Francisco airport.

$SFO 1 a.jpg

$P1050345.jpg$P1030542.jpg$P1030891.jpg
antique Panasonic Lumix LX-5

Shot using a Canon PowerShot SX510.

Attachments

• IMG_20140711_211428.jpg
    IMG_20140711_211428.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 198
great topic, and lots & lots of photos i would gladly put on my wall,
keep this thread going folks.

some of my favourites taken with canon powershot A460

IMG_7304.jpg IMG_8361.JPG IMG_8404.JPG IMG_8638.jpg IMG_0739.JPG

[/QUOTE]
Kerbouchard spaketh thusly:
There is no test. There is a reason why professionals use top quality equipment. Half of the examples in this thread missed focus or are blurry. The other half were taken in broad day light. Sure, in broad day light, there isn't much difference between a capable camera and a point and shoot. In most other conditions, the differences are night and day.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to prove, but Posts 2, 9, 11, and 17 are the only ones I would consider decent, and they were shot under ideal conditions.[/QUOTE]

I would wager a tidy some that with the best available equipment available today that you could not produce a picture that would be hung next to a Cartier-Bresson, Manray, Weston, Weegee, or even a Winogard (and a hundred others). It's the subject, the viewpoint, the story that is captured and has value. Good photographers capture moments, and subjects that stir emotions....good cameras are just like computers...garbage in-garbage out.

Last edited:
shark.jpg

Taken with an Olympus waterproof camera. I love the look of the shark's eye. Yeah, I cut off the tail, unfortunately. This was a difficult photo situation for me. North shore of Oahu in really rough water that was throwing me all over the place. I was terribly seasick from the boat ride and having a hard time seeing what the heck I was aiming at. Still, for my first (and probably only) time in a shark cage, I was really pleased with the outcome.

My iphone4: Seattle
Cranesonwatch.jpg

My Samsung S4: Vancouver, Canada
Vancouverskyline.jpg

Shot on an Iphone 5, no edits.

Unedited sunset with a Galaxy S3. Used the menus to drop exposure to "-2." I don't know if that means 2 stops, or if it's just an arbitrary scale. It was the limit, though.

14279476056_23afdafdb2_b.jpg

Samsung galaxy note 3

20140630_153247_1.jpg

20141011_145422_1_1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back