It's Seen Better Days

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Cleaning up files and found this one from 2016 that I've never done anything with. Not sure why because I remember thinking it was a cool find. DW and I had hiked up an old logging trail next to a creek in the Smokies, when we saw this peaking out of the brush and the bank of the creek. From the looks of it, that last ride down the creek with boulders as big as a house must have been a wild one. It was so beat up that identifying it was virtually impossible, but I'm thinking maybe the rear of a 56 Ford Fairlane. I wasn't about to excavate it find out. LOL Enjoy! C&C always welcome.
It's Seen Better Days by William Raber, on Flickr

Almost an abstract..........

In a way yes, the location itself was surreal, a section of otherwise pristine mountain stream. It was as if the old car and Mother Nature were locked in a battle of wills. The car tenaciously clinging to the bank and she doing her best to cleanse herself of it.

cool! Looks more like a Desoto or some other old Chrysler product.

cool! Looks more like a Desoto or some other old Chrysler product.

I was basing my guess on mainly the taillight. The Desoto and Chryslers from that period had rectangle/vertical tail lights. The Ford was the only one I remembered that had the round tail light with the backup light on top. That and what little of the bumper showed seemed to match.
right-rear-e1494271806801.jpg

Actually, I think it's a rare blue toad, masquerading as a car! Nice capture!

Actually, I think it's a rare blue toad, masquerading as a car! Nice capture!

It was somewhat a testament to the tenacity of Mother Nature. No matter what man does to despoil her beauty, she will in a few short years wipe away the ugly traces of man.

I actually like that photo. Nice job. Not something I would have photographed, but my wife would have.

I actually like that photo. Nice job. Not something I would have photographed, but my wife would have.

Well thank you Scott.........I think? LOL Couple different ways to take that :aiwebs_016: I'll go with your wife has a good eye!!!! :allteeth:

It was a compliment. My wife tends to see things differently than I do.

It was a compliment. My wife tends to see things differently than I do.

Just jerkin your chain, I knew it was. Thanks for looking and commenting.

Boring A morning in the Dead Zone so just dinking about...and that's all it is :)

smoke.jpg

Probably should have left a bit more brightness in.

Yup, but always interesting to see a different take. I processed this one entirely in Lr, using some of the more advanced techniques I've learned. It was a difficult shot because of the bright sun peaking through the trees and the deep shadows. If I'd had a tripod it would have been a good candidate for an HDR, or pixel shift. If I'd had the K1Mii, back then I could have done a handheld PS.

Most reactions

Back