Jaded

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by DramaDork626, Jan 4, 2006.

1. DramaDork626

DramaDork626 TPF Noob!

Olympus Digital, indoor, no flash, lit with desk lamp...ghetto lighting, bwaha
    I have always favored jaded expressions in portraits. Reminds me of royalty. Hehe. Anyway, I want remarks on the lighting and composition. Those are the two factors I am unsure of in this one.
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is probably my favorite piece from you...technically speaking.

I only have two minor complaints here. 1) is that I would like to see a little more space on the right, near her eye. The empty space on the left works well, but the frame is just so close to her eye that it's a little distracting.
    2) I find the necklace a little bit distracting as well. It kind of voids the empty space because we know that is resting on *something* but we can't see what.

Both of those are prolly just preference. Good job :thumbup:

3. craig

craig TPF Noob!

I like the composition. I agree with Woodsac in that the shot is cropped a little to tight on the right. The light gives a nice shape to her face, but I think the eye should have more light. I also question the shadow going down her face. Try going higher with the light. The shadow could be anything. Spill some details and we can help further the lighting.

4. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like it. The things mentioned are the same as what I noticed as far as what I would change: too-close right crop, necklace, unlit eye.
    Cool shot.

5. MisledAmoeba

MisledAmoeba TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like this photo. Since the crop is so close to the eye, I'd suggest cutting an inch to an inch and a half off of the bottom.