January '10 Photo Challenge - "Musically Inclined"

Sorry but I can't seem to find the answer to this question on the FAQ. Can I submit old photos, like one taken years back? Does it have to be taken recently?

The idea is that you are shooting specifically to a brief that is set every month, so old photographs are not really what's expected. That said, I am not going to start to hunt out the EXIF data for everything submitted on a monthly basis, beware though is someone decides to call you out on it. This is supposed to be a challenge, not a search through old folders. Ultimately, it's up to your own conscience though

Good to know. I actually used it as a challenge and a chance to try out my new lighting equipment.

Challenges like these will not work for me. I shoot 35mm and I don't have the time to develop and do all the post processing frequently. Usually I accumulate the rolls till I have time and I just process them as a batch. I don't have the luxury of shoot in the morning and have it ready by noon. Too bad for me then.

Challenges like these will not work for me. I shoot 35mm and I don't have the time to develop and do all the post processing frequently. Usually I accumulate the rolls till I have time and I just process them as a batch. I don't have the luxury of shoot in the morning and have it ready by noon. Too bad for me then.

What about shooting on the 1st and having it ready by the 31st? This is a monthly challenge... It's not like you only have a couple hours to do everything...

(And even with a whole month, I still didn't get it done, lol.)

EXIF data really means nothing. I can put today's EXIF data on a photo I took 30 years ago. So what does it prove? Although it would be nice to shoot for each challenge, it seems a shame some good photo that no one has ever seen will remain lost. If its a great photo and fits the challenge, use it. And good luck. If you want to know how to apply any EXIF data to any photo just PM me.

Sorry about the slight delay, I've been tied up with other things this week. All Being well, the poll should be up in the next 2 days, after which you can vote away to your hearts content. I should add that there are a lot of entries this month...

HUh i just missed this one as well, i think i could do this, its very interesting, i hope i will take part in next one

Most reactions

Back